Chapter 4

KINZA

The weak rays of dawn peeking through the curtains were like a rude awakening. 5 am. Seriously? Who starts their day this early? Stretching my arms over my head, I willed myself out of bed. Today was a walk day, and skipping it wasn't an option. Besides, a little exercise never hurt anyone, except maybe ever-grumpy Nouman.

As I walked out of my room, I nearly bumped into a shirtless Nouman, casually strolling around the mansion with a steaming mug in his hand. He looked...different. Not bad, but different nonetheless. Maybe it was the morning light catching the way his muscles flexed with every step, or the way his dark hair was slightly messy, but for a moment, I couldn't help but check him out.

"Staring is bad manners, Kinza," he said, a smirk playing on his lips. I quickly schooled my expression into a neutral mask, adding a slight smirk of my own. "Oh please," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Like you'd know anything about manners, Mr. I-leave-dirty-dishes-in-the-sink."

He chuckled, taking a slow sip of his coffee. I was about to walk past him when his hand shot out, firmly gripping my wrist. "Woah there, Speedy Gonzales," he drawled. "Where do you think you're going?"

I glared at him, but unlike other times, there wasn't any anger in it. Maybe it was the strange calmness of the early morning, or maybe it was the way his touch sent a weird tingle down my arm. "For a walk, obviously," I deadpanned.

Nouman raised an eyebrow, the smirk on his face widening. "Alone?"

"Why would anyone want your grumpy self tagging along?" I retorted, trying to sound annoyed

He leaned closer, his voice dropping to a low rumble. "This is my mansion, Kinza," he said, his eyes narrowing playfully. "And I decide what happens here. Besides," he added, taking another sip of his coffee, "someone needs to make sure you don't wander off and get lost."

I scoffed. "Lost? In a house? Please, give yourself some credit, Nouman. I'm not a toddler."

A grin flashed across his face. "Says the one who didn't tie her own shoelaces.

Okay, that was a low blow. I glared at him, as he smirked. " Fine whatever, come with me then, maybe it can put your weird brain on hold and maybe the morning shine can somehow pull out human expressions " I said as I started to walk out of the mansion. God what the hell is he-- as I hit the road I noticed he was besides me. Hey wait, when did he wear the shirt? Like seriously . What is he, Flash? We started to run and even though he was taller than me, I tried my best to stay in front of him. I had to run a lot. The silence was filling the place and I was okay with it.

"So," he started, breaking the quiet. "Where'd you learn to walk like a baby giraffe?"

I swatted at him playfully. "Hilarious, Nouman. Really."

"Hey, I'm just stating facts," he said, a teasing lilt in his voice.

I rolled my eyes at him and kept on running.

" Why did you choose to be a Phycologist ? " He asked. What the hell, how can he speak so much today. I stop on my track and turn to him.

" Looks like you know how to talk. What's the special occasions? " I asked, he looked at me with nothing on his face . Typical Nouman.

" Just wanted to know if I'm living with a serial killer or not " He said in a mocking tone. I sigh.

" Anyways, I'm your Doctor so now I'm going to ask the questions " I said as he nodded .

" Fine unless it's not personal I will answer " He said as we started to walk. I don't know why he is being such a nice person today. But I think there's something clearly wrong with him today. Did he see me dying in his dream?