fourteen

felix is great

felix is great. like so incredibly amazing. but that doesn't stop Isabelle from hurting while thinking about lando. as much as it might hurt, she really doesn't care about the romantic feelings she feels towards him. she really just misses her best friend.

she wants to text him and fix things because she knows him. knows his temper. knows he didn't mean anything. but her pride is getting in the way of doing that because she's not the one who messed it all up.

she doesn't stay in china. normally, she would be in the mclaren paddock right now but she's not. she's watching the race on the tv in the jet, on her way back to Monaco. she gets a week of home before she has any more shows. she doesn't know why she's going back instead of going to the states or anywhere honestly, but she just wants the home comfort of her cats and her favorite place.

she gets home before the race finishes but she doesn't keep watching. her assistant had dropped her beloved 1975 Porsche off and she drives it home. she grabs her bags and walks up to the front door, where a brown package with a pink bow is waiting for her. at first, she thinks there's a high probability of it being a bomb, but she recognizes the handwriting.

"for the Italy concert!!" the familiar handwriting says on the outside of the box. she's guessing it was sent before everything happened and coincidentally has also arrived a week after the Italy concert.

she opens the box and there's a letter from him, written a week before he was seen with magui, and a smaller box. when she opens the smaller one, it has a necklace with 'I+L' that genuinely makes her want to cry. the necklace is gorgeous and she could guess that he's probably already forgotten about this.

lando gets a message about his package being delivered on his plane ride home. what package? when he checks the order, he freezes. shit.

the necklace.

he sent it weeks ago, supposedly meant for the concert that he was excited for because that one would be streamed. he didn't watch it. he wonders if she'll throw it out.

but then she texts him

lando

I am still immensely pissed at u

but thank u for the necklace

its beautiful

I deserve that

and of course

u deserve the best

is that why your being weird?

do u think Felix isn't deserving of me?

nobody deserves u Isabelle

and nobody ever will

u are out of this world

and Felix just isn't right for u

oh so now u get an opinion?

that's not what I meant Isabelle I swear

thanks for the necklace lando.

Isabelle?

read 13:44

shit.