Chapter 7

A few hours into the night, my apartment door slammed open.

"Where is he?" The man demanded an answer from me.

I rubbed my eyes and let them adjust to the light for a second. I was soon able to make out who the figure was. It was none other than Isaiah.

"What? Where is who?" I asked him, clearly tired and annoyed that he woke me up.

"Jett. Where is he?" Isaiah ordered.

"I don't know. He left earlier and never told me where he was going," I started to sit up to get a better look at Isaiah. He was still wearing his uniform. I looked out the window and saw that the moon is all the way at its peak. It was midnight. What was he doing here so late?

"Why are you looking for him?" I asked.

"I heard a disturbance near the wall earlier. When we got to the wall, it was broken and there was a small necklace on the ground," Isaiah held it out and showed it to me. It was my necklace.

"What? How'd he get it?" I look back out the window and towards the dome. I looked back at the necklace. It was a necklace that Jett had made for me for my fifteenth birthday. I clasped it around my neck.

"Why would he take it?" I asked myself.

"I have no idea, but if it is yours, then I have a big reason to suspect that Jett stole it from you and broke out of the wall, or it was someone else that stole it from you and broke out."

I just stared out the window longer, not answering.

"But, why would he take it?" That was the only question that was set on my mind. I didn't care where he was, I was just curious why he took it from me. He knew it was special to me. And he did make it himself, but he would have asked for permission before he would take it. "He would never take it without asking me first."

"Is there anything embedded in the necklace that he might have wanted?" Isaiah asked me.

"No... he never told me about anything special about it," I said.

Isaiah nodded and asked to take a closer look at it. I agreed and placed it in his hand.

As he held it in one hand, his other hand created another rune spell, and he cast it over the necklace. The rune glowed bright and set itself on the necklace. The rune stayed for a few seconds then separated, creating many tiny letters that floated in the air around the necklace. The letter spelt out: "Domantium."

"What's Domantium?" I asked Isaiah.

He ran his hand over the writing and it disappeared. "It's a special ore only found in the forests of Eshita. It has magic properties that allow it to break through any opposing magic. Whoever took this from you used it to break through the dome's protective field," Isaiah passed the necklace back to me.

"If Jett comes back, I want you to report him immediately," Isaiah ordered.

"All because he broke the dome? I'm sure he had a good reason for it. It can't be that serious of a crime, right?" I asked. Isaiah unfortunately shook his head.

"Breaking the dome endangers all of the citizens here. Thankfully, it wasn't too close to the housing areas or near any of the food warehouses," Isaiah pointed out. "Though the area that the dome was opened by was flooded by sand. Everything in half a mile's radius got buried in sand. The sandstorm is still raging out there."

"What's going to happen to him when he comes back?" I asked. My insides felt like they were collapsing in on themselves. I didn't want to lose or get separated from Jett. I wouldn't get separated from anyone else ever again.