Snow isn't the only thing falling

The door creaks as I open it, and I cringe at the sound. I really need to get some grease for it before the noise gets me caught. The blue mage lights dimly brighten the hallway and I can see Liam by Violet's door.

So much for not sleeping in front of her door, I roll my eyes.

Should I get out like I planned, or should I risk getting snitched on by Liam?

 My feet begin to move down the hallway determined to get out. He most likely won't say anything, and even if he does the worst punishment they can give me is cleaning duty, it's not like there's anything against sneaking out in the codex, so they can't kill me for it.

Probably.

I'm closing in on Liam now, but I come to a halt as Violet suddenly bursts out from her room and looks up at Liam. Looking is an understatement, she's studying him, passing over his features with hunger in her eyes. So much for not sleeping with him, she looks like she's going to fuck him right here in the hallway. I should have known, Liam's hot and always around her, it was only a matter of time before it happened. I hold back a scoff. I don't care, it's not like she's entitled to tell me about it. A pang of jealousy hits my chest and I hate it, I shouldn't be jealous. I step behind a pillar, hopefully they'll get out of the hallway sooner before later.

I need to get out of here.

"Violet?" I hear Liam say.

"Are you sleeping in the hallway?" She asks.

'No, just hanging out here before turning in." is his reply. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" Her voice pitches.

"Like...Like somethings going on. You don't look like you feel - you know - like yourself." Liam presses.

"I'm good! Go to bed!" I hear the slam of her door echo through the hallway.

Maybe I was wrong, because that didn't sound like a conversation between two people sleeping together. I stifle a laugh.

"Who's there?" Liam jolts.

Fuck. 

Can he please just go back into his room, I pray. Closing my eyes I press myself back up against the wall. How I wish I could disappear. I could make him go blind but then he would know it was me anyway, but hiding might give me a chance to keep my secret.

I let out a gasp as I'm pinned to the wall, a knife pressed to my throat.

"Saeri?" Liam's eyes widen. "What are you doing?"

"I'm uh-" I try to look for an excuse that doesn't make me sound like a creep, but I can't. The truth it is then.

"I was trying to sneak out, but then I saw you, and then Violet came out of her room. So I hid hoping you guys would scram."

"Why would you be sneaking out?" He may be way too close to me for comfort, but I can't see his face in the shadowy corner.

"For air." I reply.

"Then open a window." He suggests.

"I did, but I need to get out." I sigh.

"But it's snowing," He emphasizes the word. "You'll catch a cold."

"No I won't. Plus I love snow." I can't help but let out a soft laugh. "What do you care about me catching a cold?"

"I care." He softens his voice.

"Well If you care so much would you mind moving the knife from my throat." I smile.

"Shit, sorry." He slips the knife away from my throat, but doesn't move his body from mine.