Miyako Castle

Here is an extra chapter, enjoy! 😊 The castle above is from Snow White with the Red Hair anime.

-

As Kenta and I approached the castle gate, my steps slowed hesitantly. My gaze swept over the imposing structure perched upon the hill, overlooking the entirety of Miyako's kingdom. Despite the darkness of the night, the castle was ablaze with the warm glow of lanterns and candles, casting an enchanting aura around it. Its grey cobblestone walls and orange-tinted roofs stood out against the night sky, exuding an air of grandeur and mystery.

Guards patrolled the perimeter, their presence adding to the castle's imposing stature. Among them, I noticed beings of various races and breeds, yokai unlike any I had encountered before, sparking a curiosity within me to learn more about their origins and stories.

As we approached the gate, Kenta exchanged words with the guards, and the palace gate slowly lowered, allowing us entry. Yet, as the gate closed behind us, a sense of foreboding washed over me, sending shivers down my spine. It was as if the heavy gate sealing us inside echoed a feeling of imprisonment, reminiscent of Rapunzel trapped in her tower. The sensation left me feeling uneasy, my mind swirling with questions and uncertainties about how I had found myself in such a perilous situation.

"Alright, miss, I will bring you to a guest room while I relay today's information to the guards and the king's messenger," Kenta announces. I nod silently, my thoughts swirling with uncertainty as I follow behind him. Sensing my unease, Kenta offers reassurance, assuring me of the castle's safety. However, it's not safety that concerns me—it's the looming prospect of meeting the king, my potential real father. It's a notion I had never entertained before in the human world, and now, faced with the possibility, I can't help but feel nervous.

As Kenta leads me through the castle's corridors, we pass various doors and guards making their rounds. Among them, I notice numerous women dressed in maid attire bustling about their duties. Turning a corner, we find ourselves walking through a beautifully landscaped garden, illuminated by the soft flicker of candlelight. Vibrant flowers paint the scene with splashes of color, lending a sense of tranquility to the surroundings.

Finally, we arrive at a quaint guest house nestled amidst the verdant foliage, situated just outside the main castle. Its charming exterior exudes a welcoming aura, offering a temporary sanctuary from the bustling activity of the castle grounds.

"Usually esteemed guests stay here. So please make yourself at home and get some rest. In the morning, the king's messenger should come for you," Kenta states, gesturing towards the guest house. "Thank you for your help, Kenta," I reply gratefully. "Anytime, miss!" he responds with a proud bow before heading off in a different direction.

I push open the door to the guest house and step inside, greeted by the sight of a spacious interior. A large bed, drawers, a kitchen, and even a bath await me. The mere sight of the bath fills me with excitement—I can hardly contain myself. Since arriving here, staying clean has been a challenge, especially in the late summer heat. The prospect of a refreshing bath is incredibly enticing.

Without hesitation, I begin filling the bath with water, turning the metal knob above it. As the water cascades into the tub, I notice various soaps arranged neatly on a counter nearby. Opting for one with a faint spring scent, I pour it into the water, watching as bubbles begin to form. Quickly shedding my clothes, I leave my rapier and yukata on the edge of the bed before slipping into the warm embrace of the bath.

After luxuriating in the soothing waters, I finally emerge, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Wrapping a towel around my body, I take a moment to explore the room, opening various drawers out of sheer curiosity. In the nightstand, I discover a selection of fresh clothes—various yukatas with intricate patterns, as well as different-colored pants and blouses. Opting for a pair of comfortable brown pants and a crisp white blouse, I revel in the freedom of movement they afford me.