25.Argument or romance?

Siddharth's POV

I opened my eyes and yawned, still half asleep.

Natasha was standing in front of the mirror, wearing her jhumka.

Honestly, I hate her jhumka. They get to kiss her cheeks every day, but not me. This is so unfair; I'm her husband.

"Sweetheart?" I called out to her, and she turned to face me.

"Me?" she asked, pointing towards herself.

"Of course, you," I said. "Come here." opening my arm towards her.

She slowly started walking towards me, the sound of her anklets filling the room.

"Yes?" she asked with her honey-like sweet voice.

"Sit here," I patted the place beside me.

She sat beside me, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Why do you wear these jhumkas?" I asked, trying to hide my jealous tone but couldn't.

"Because I love them," she replied.

"Oh, really?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What about me, then?" I asked as she smiled shyly.

"Stop asking stupid questions early in the morning; go and freshen up," she said and got up, but I pulled her back down.

"That is not the answer to my question," I said, sitting up on the bed.

"Answer me, sweetheart. Don't you love me?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her from behind and laying my head on her shoulder.

"I-i..uhhh...i...ummm," she hesitated before replying.

I remained silent, waiting for her reply.

"The weather is so nice today," she said, laughing nervously, avoiding my question.

I chuckled. "Don't try to avoid the topic, sweetie," I kissed her cheek, and she smiled shyly.

"Ummm...i," she began, blushing.

"I-i do," she said while blushing, as I laughed.

"A full sentence, sweetheart. Now say those three magical words," I teased.

"I-i..." she hesitated.

"Hmmm," I hummed teasingly, encouraging her to speak.

"I love..." she began shyly.

"You're almost there," I said with a smile.

"I love you," she finally said while blushing hard.

I became so happy; my heart started pounding. It felt like my heart would explode now.

I hugged her tightly from behind, kissing her cheek multiple times.

"I love you more, Jaan," I said with pure happiness.

She tried to get up while blushing, but I stopped her.

"But... seriously, why do you wear those jhumkas? I hate them," I said, turning serious as she also stopped smiling.

"Uhh... why? Is there any problem?" she asked, hesitantly. I could tell she was worrying about me getting angry at her.

"Of course, there is a huge problem," I said with an angry frown.

"W-what?" she asked hesitantly, I knew that she was worrying about me getting angry at her.

"These jhumkas of yours get to kiss your cheeks every day, every minute, but not me. It's very unfair, wife. I hate it," I said, looking away.

I heard her laughing. She was laughing... well, that's nice.