Chapter 5 - Numbers

Blake Manor, Crystal Cove, January 7, 2023 – 8:30 am

Daphne woke up with the sound of someone frantically knocking on her bedroom's door. Less than a minute after that, Daisy opened the door abruptly and entered without asking permission.

Daisy: I can't believe it, Daphne! What the hell! How could you do that?

Daisy's angry screams made Daphne panic. For a moment, she thought her secret identity had been discovered. Fortunately, Daisy continued to scold her loudly, and after some indignant swearing, Daphne understood the cause was the photo she had posted on her Instagram, in which she was with Fred Jones.

Daisy: Your stupid fans told all gossip sites that you are having an affair with Fred Jones... and guess what? Everyone at college is saying that I am the sister of Fred Jones' affair... can you fathom what have you done? I'm Alice's friend! If you want to ruin your reputation, ok, BUT DON'T RUIN MINE!

Daphne: What? An affair ? What are you talking about, Daisy? I only took a pic with him and...

Daisy: You took a damn pic with a man that has a fiancée, and posted it to the 36 million idiots that follow your life!

Before Daphne could say anything, Daisy practically rubbed the screen of her cell phone in her sister's face, and on it, Daphne saw that gossip sites had published the rumor. Daisy continued to scold her for a few minutes, but instead of responding, Daphne just grabbed her cell phone and deleted the photo.

Daphne: Ok, photo deleted, problem solved! Can you stop telling me off now?

Daisy: What about the gossip sites?

Daphne: I'll ask Tessa to sort this out, ok?

Daisy: Oh, sure, you make a mistake and ask your agent to fix it for you, how mature!

Daphne: Damn, Daisy! I've already said it was an accident! I didn't even want to be at that damn dinner! IDK, it was his birthday, I just wanted to be nice with him... I never imagined such a thing would happen...

Daisy: BE NICE TO WHOEVER YOU WANT, JUST DON'T RUIN MY REPUTATION, OK?

Before Daphne could respond, Daisy left and slammed the door. Daphne sighed angrily, then she got up. Before leaving her room, she checked True Crime Forum for updates on Moon pendant mystery. Unfortunately, Mystery Inc. was unable to find good evidence at the crime scene, they just took lots of good pics of the abandoned house and its yard. While analyzing those pics, Daphne noticed the stain inside the pool was very similar to the stain inside the garage of James Arthur 's house. So, she printed all photos of both stains, to research them in her parents' archive. After, she selected a few cases from the countless requests for help that cherryred had received in her message box. Then, she printed all information about them, and went downstairs to have breakfast.

As Daphne approached the dining room, she heard Daisy complaining about her loudly. However, when she arrived, her sister fell silent and glared at her. Bart was reading something on his cell phone and had a serious look on his face. Influenced by Daisy's words, Nan looked sternly at Daphne and scolded her.

Nan: The Chiles invited us to a dinner. Then, on the next day, a Blake spreads rumors about their son! Shame on you, Daphne!

Daphne: Oh, great, Daisy told you... did she tell you that I've already deleted the photo and solved everything? Or she just defamed me...?

Nan: It wasn't Daisy, it was Dawn! And she's in New York! Do you know how she found out? It's on TMZ and all the damn country saw it!

Daphne: Well, if Dawn is almost 30 and still reads teen gossip sites, it's not my problem... and if you prefer to believe Dawn's and Daisy's versions, it's not my problem either!