Peaceful

The day had just ended and Mortaza had just finished praying and was on his prayer mat. In a world filled with so much pain, suffering, and distractions, it felt good to have moments where he can talk to god. He prayed for all those going through hardships and finally prayed to be blessed with a good wife. Getting up from prayer he went into the kitchen to make his dinner when he got a call from his friend. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Mortaza, we're going to this youth night event at this masjid. Want to come?"

Not having much else going on, he replied, "sure."

When he finally arrived there, he saw there were a huge group of girls and guys, all around his age. Lowering his gaze, he walked into the guy's side. 

"Salam brother, I was wondering if you'd be willing to say a speech for tonight? The sheikh we thought would show up, is kind of late.'

"Of course, let me just prepare."

Once he decided on his topic and how he'd go about talking, he went up to the stage. 

"Salam everyone, I wanted to talk about the effects social media has been having on the connection we want to have with our deen..and..."

Before he could finish his sentence he made eye contact with the girl from the past few days. Unlike the day where she had been crying, today she was wearing a blue abaya, with a white scarf, that made her look like a bride. Realizing he had paused for more than 5 seconds he continued with the speech. That girl kept getting in the way of him and his religious tasks. The night continued and then dinner was served later in the night. 

"Mortaza, come on let's get food."

As his friends and himself went to get food, he saw the girl again, this time she was with her friends. Glad to know she has friends, he thought to himself. As he started to eat his burger, the girl passed behind him with her friends. Her perfume was light and flowery scented, and was powerful enough to make him forget about his food. Realizing what he was doing was the opposite of "lowering his gaze," he continued eating his food.