11

TWs: Past death, putting oneself in dangerous situations, near freezing, and lots of feels. Stay safe :)

"Are you sure you want to do this, Earth?" Luna asked, pushing oncoming asteroids out of the way.

"Of course, Luna. This'll only take a few minutes, my earthlings should be able to handle themselves." Earth smiled reassuringly.

"If you say so..." The moon uttered as they crossed the asteroid belt.

...

"No, Mr. America, I don't know why we're in the asteroid belt..." A person with a beard and wearing a blue uniform and hat spoke, "Again."

There was a reply on the other line.

"The rookie I sent to Mars? No, he hasn't found your space oil yet..."

There was a yell on the other line. NASAdude deadpanned from beside him, averting his gaze to the invisible camera.

"Oh, sorry, I'm getting another call- I'll call you back, sir!" Houston hung up before sighing as he pressed the green receive button, "Hello, Mr. ROTSTAR..."

...

"Earth, what are you doing here!?" Saturn exclaimed as he moved past Jupiter. The bigger Gas Giant turned around, eyes wide as he noticed the blue rocky planet.

"Earth, you shouldn't-"

"I know, I know! I shouldn't be on this side of the asteroid belt!" Earth rolled his eyes as he peered at the two Gas Giants. The smaller frowned, letting out a sigh, "I came here to, uh... apologize."

"Apologize?" Jupiter looked confused.

"For what?" Saturn asked.

"For yelling at you... and running away like that." Earth gazed down into the abyss of space, trying to be as small as possible.

Jupiter and Saturn glanced at each other, their eyes carrying a whole conversation just with a few looks. Luna raised an eyebrow, curious as to what they were thinking.

"Ahem," Saturn cleared his throat, "Earth, dear, look at us."

Earth slowly raised his eyes, peering at the two with an uneasy look.

"You did nothing wrong, so don't apologize." The ringed planet spoke, "It's us who are at fault."

Jupiter nodded, "We've kept your past a secret for over 4.5 billion years. We didn't think about what would happen if or when you'd eventually find out."

"And we know how much your life means to you." Saturn smiled, "You looked so defeated when you lost the dinosaurs, but there was still hope when the evolution of earthlings came to be. Nothing made you happier than your earthlings and the weird things they came up with."

"We didn't want to ruin things for you, Earth."

Tears slipped from the blue planet's eyes as he sniffled, "You guys care that much...?"

"Of course! We care about you, Earth." Saturn assured, looking at him softly.

Jupiter nodded, "All of us do."

Earth looked between his moon and the two Gas Giants, the thumping of his core more prominent, "Luna- everyone, thank you. Even though I can't remember what happened before... I'm lucky I got this far."

"Earth-" Luna frowned.

"It's true, Luna. Without Theia, I wouldn't have life. She meant... well, everything to me. She was there when no one else was." Earth held down a sob, pushing away the tears, "I'm... forever grateful to have known her."

Saturn sniffled, trying hard not to cry, "W-We're so sorry, Earth..."

"She was a kind and outgoing planet," Jupiter spoke.

"Uhm, Jupiter..." Luna spoke up, "A long time ago, you said something about how physical bodies can be destroyed, but not Celestial beings... is that true?"

Jupiter nodded, "As true as can be."

"Wait- so it wasn't just a story to tell so we could go to sleep faster?" Earth asked.

"No, well, kinda? It was both, I guess."

"How do you know it's true? Have you seen one before?" Luna asked. Jupiter and Saturn glanced at each other.

"That's a, uh- story for another time." Jupiter spoke, "Earth, buddy, you look a bit cold there."

"Huh?" Earth stopped, suddenly feeling how sharp it had gotten as half his oceans had frozen over, "Oh, when did this happen-?"

"Earth! We have to get you back over!" Luna nudged his parent planet.

"I'm going, I'm going- uh, bye Jupiter and Saturn!"

"Be careful, Earth!"
"See ya later!"

» × «

"Theia, wait for me!" A voice yelled.

"Come on, slowpoke! Hurry up!" A whimsical laughter echoed in the distance.

The brown planet came to a halt at the top of the highest point, with the darker planet stopping beside her.

"What are we doing up here?" Proto-Earth asked.

"This is it; the top of it all." Theia spoke, "Look at it, Earth."

And so he did.

Upon millions and millions of stars dancing in the deep of space, the dark purples to the deepest blues mixing and swirling together and the brightest yellow-orange burning Star in the midst of it all surrounded by swirling asteroids and the planets that call it home.

Proto-Earth was in awe, his eyes taking it all in.

"Isn't it beautiful...?" Theia uttered.

The molten planet looked at her, a smile appearing on his sphere, "Yes, very..."

...

"What do you think he's dreaming about?" Mercury muttered upon seeing a smile on Earth's sleeping sphere.

"I dunno." Luna shrugged, then gazed at his parent planet softly, "But at least he's happy."

» NOTE «

One more chapter and it'll be done...

Comments are appreciated <3