12

TWs: Just feels, man. Stay safe :)

Luna looked at the stars above the solar system, silently wondering what the view was like from up there.

"Luna, you're in my light," Earth spoke.

"Oh, sorry." The moon shifted to the Earth's other side, watching as he drew another card.

Fwick...

'What was that?' Luna looked up, his eyes wandering the plain around them. He tried to peer into the asteroid belt, squinting his eyes as he moved closer.

"Luna- what are you doing?" Earth raised an eyebrow upon realizing his moon was exiting his orbit.

"Huh? Oh, thought I heard something in the asteroid belt." Luna uttered, returning to the Earth's orbit.

"Must be Ceres again," Mars frowned.

"Aw, don't worry, Mars, I'll protect you against the terrifying dwarf planet." Earth laughed at Mars's annoyed face.

"How kind of you..."

"I know, right? I'm the best."

Mars rolled his eyes, returning to their card game, "Your turn."

"You didn't deny it~" Earth wiggled his eyebrows.

"Earth-!"

"Okay, okay!" Earth backed away, playing the next card, "You go."

In the distance, hidden between the asteroids, you could hear the sound of playful humming, "Oh, Earth... after all these years, you're still you."

...

There once lived two lovers, Theia and Proto-Earth. They were best friends amid a vast system of stars, planets, and asteroids.

That friendship blossomed into something more. Their love was stronger than anything in the entire galaxy. Or at least, that's what they thought.

Then it was all gone.

Theia orbited the Sun, nearly alongside the orbit of Proto-Earth, and they eventually fell fatally to an impact so large that many pieces of both Theia and Proto-Earth scattered into the atmosphere, those pieces eventually forming to become Earth's Moon.

It was fate that brought them together, and it was fate that broke them apart.

There once lived two lovers, and now there's just one.

Earth still stood, stronger than ever now that he knew the truth. It was hard to accept reality, and it was good that he had friends to help him along the way.

Wherever Theia was, Earth knew she would be proud of him for coming this far.

There once lived two lovers.

One may be gone, but that left much to be discovered about the other.

The universe worked in mysterious ways, full of ups and downs, twists and turns... there was no end, or y'know until the Star turned into a Red Giant.

Who knows what could happen?

Who knows who they could meet?

With limitless possibilities, anything was possible.

That was something the Earth loved about living.

» × «

This chapter is only 400 words lmao

Anyway, the sequel will be out soon.

...

What?

You thought this was the end?

HAH!

It's never the end with me ;)

Comments are appreciated <3