二十二 to be safe

The wait in the infirmary for Law was almost painful.

It felt like time moved so slowly, heart pounding, thoughts racing, stomach turning.

Your head was spinning still, mind recalling and going over what had just happened. You could feel your legs still trembling slightly as you sat.

When the infirmary door finally opened it startled you, Law walking through the door, completely collected with his usual stern expression

He walked past your bed over to some cabinets, grabbing out a few things.

"Take off your shirt."

It was obviously for the purposes of wrapping the wound in your shoulder, yet hearing his voice say it made your whole body tense.

You had never felt more self-conscious.

And why?

Well actually, you knew why.

He had just seen parts of you no one had ever seen.

You felt anxious, exposed.

Your back was to him as you slowly took your good arm out of the sleeve of his shirt you had on. You then attempted at your best at getting your other arm out of the shirt, struggling slightly in the process.

The struggling stopped when you felt a pair of hands gently pull the shirt all the way off of you, earning a sharp inhale from you.

You felt your hair fall at your sides, your good arm immediately moving to cover your chest. You could already feel your face burning as Law came around the other side of the bed to face you, bandages, and other medical supplies in hand.

He set a few items on the table and then handed the shirt to you, holding it in front of your chest.

"Here."

You stared at him a moment, and then his shirt.

Without another thought you grabbed it in relief holding it to the front of your chest.

He then, got to work.

You could feel the sting as he cleaned your shoulder causing your body to jolt, a sharp inhale leaving your lips once again. He mumbled "Sorry," under his breath as he continued treating the wound.

Silence fell between you as he started wrapping your shoulder. You just stared at the floor. The thing that killed you most was not knowing what he was thinking at that moment.

Did he enjoy that?

What did it mean?

Is he still thinking about it?

You were interrupted from your thoughts when you heard him speak.

"Shiina-ya."

That deep voice.

The simple way he said your name made your body shiver.

"Hm?"

There was another pause as you felt him gently wrapping your shoulder with bandages.

"...why do you go back and forth?"

You sat silently.

Back and forth.

You knew exactly what he meant.

Why did you accept your life on this ship one day- and the next fight for your life to get out.

The truth was your mind was really starting to accept you were here. On the ship of the Heart Pirates. And the fact that you enjoyed your time. Enjoyed their company. You had gotten familiar with them fast.