𝟒

R-i-i-i-p! Another section of hair, with a few layers of skin attached, peeled away. Apparently, without the hair, you look perfect, which is definitely flattering. "You're the best I've seen!" Venia states in her Capitol accent as she hoses down your legs. The rest of the team agrees in various forms, and Flavius, the middle-aged man with golden curls, adds that you're " Polite, naturally stunning, and uncomplaining."

All three of them begin to pluck away at the remaining strands on your stinging skin as some "finishing touches". Octavia, a plump, bright green woman, finally speaks up, announcing that "Now we can take you to Cinna!", who you assume is your stylist. You smile, and let them lead you, naked, into a small chamber with a baby blue gown in it. They tell you to put it on and make their exit. You notice after you put it on, that it only goes to your upper thigh, and that it is so thin, you may as well be still wearing nothing. You sit on the stone plinth, unsure of what to do.

Then Cinna arrives. He's surprisingly young, and wearing little makeup. His skin is a natural, dark shade. The only sign of alteration of any kind is his shining eye-liner, which is a metallic-looking gold. Overall, he's the needle in the haystack of old, unrecognizable humanoids. He sticks out his hand for you to shake, which you take, before introducing himself. "Hello. I'm Cinna. I'm so sorry you are in this position."

"Thank you." Is all you manage to get out, surprised by his sympathy. Cinna gets to the point, inquiring "Is that a mockingjay feather?"

You brush the earring with your fingers, and answer. "Yes. They like to sing back to me, they're like friends. I usually wear it for my shows. I suppose it wouldn't fit in with the miner's theme, so I can take it off if you want." Cinna shakes his head, eyes brimming with ideas. After a second or two, he replies. 

"I'm not gonna use the miner's theme." This confuses you. For the tribute parade, each tribute dresses up as their district's speciality. Usually, for 12, the tributes are either miners or lumps of coal. What else could he possibly do? Seeing your confusion, he carries on. "What's District 12's most notable piece of wildlife?"

You don't have to think long for that. "Mockingjays." They're everywhere. Most of the time they're in the woods, but they can be seen flying around 12 itself. It's the only thing that can stand it there. Cinna nods, a smile creeping onto his features. "Exactly."

It's then that he goes and gets your outfit, revealing a flowing dress, adorned with countless feathers, that reaches down to your knees. The straps go over your shoulders, keeping on the long sleeves and securing a corset coated in midnight black feathers. The skirt is entirely feathers, and the sleeves are oversized, giving the effect of wings when you hold them horizontally. They have the trademark white streak on them, finishing the look. Wearing it is purely magical. It's almost as if you've grown wings yourself, you're about to take flight. Simple black boots are tied up in neat bows as your footwear. Cinna nods his head, pleased by the outfit's effect. He leads you out to the chariots, to meet up with Haymitch, Rye, and his stylist, Portia.

Rye is in a similar outfit, but he's dressed in a tunic and tights. The white streak is a more mottle gray, common in younger mockingjays. With his size weighed in, it's perfect. Haymitch smirks at your attire, but you don't know whether he finds it stupid, or he thinks it'll attract sponsors. Rye grins and exclaims something as he climbs onto the chariot. "You look pretty Y/n!"