II

'Bump'

Ugh.I woke up feeling disoriented, mom just drove over a god damn bump. Actually it wasnt my mom. My mom was sleeping in the passenger seat, Sage was driving the car. Asshole is so shit at driving.

I looked around and saw Michelle sleeping peacefully next to me. At least someone is comfortable. We were in the middle of nowhere. Only fields and forest for miles around us. Ive guess we went far west from Cloverdale my home town, which is now taken over by those monsters. The monsters that took Tommy from me. My Tommy, my sweetheart who my asshole brother scared away from me.

"Good morning sis" said Sage in a calm, collected voice.

"Fuck you". I responded in the same voice. This fucking asshole, if he wouldnt fuck up my relationship with Tommy we might would have woken up in the same bed this morning like Michelle and Sage did.

Ive guess i will never be able to give him the 50 quid.

"Sorry", he said back, his voice was kinda full of empathy. " Tommy and I used to go here for hikes, there is a gas station with a gun shop down this route". He added.

"Cute" i said disinterested. If i get a hold of a gun i will blow his brains out but would that even help based on the fact that he would probably come back alive and lick his own brain splatter from the ground and then eat me.

"Okay, im fucking sorry about Tommy, I shouldn't have acted like that back then. I cannot change it, im sorry, but right now we need to stick together and you and me will be the ones going inside those shops". He responded in a harsh tone.

"So you wanna act like some superhero siblings. Sasha the bare hand zombie killer and Sage the sharp shooter". I said back annoyed. Like he annoys me so much when he tries to fix the situations. He always tryes to fix them when its to late. I can never get Tommy back.

"Hah, you think you can take down one of them beasts with your bare hands" he said back mockingly.

"In the exact same way i win my fights yes", he sometimes forgets i train mma like 4 times a week.

"Will see, my shooting is definitely more effective" he thinks he is so cool. He literally trains archery.

"You just stand there in fancy clothes and shoot at a red dot, thinking you are the shit. I take their shit and shove it back down their throat".

He laughed a bit in response. But then we both kinda realized what we are dealing with here. We are about to go into an unknown place and kill its. Its that used to be human. Its that are crazy and want to eat you.

"Kids shut the hell up" my mother said in a sleepy annoyed voice. She never swears.

"Mom we are here". Sage stated slowing the car down to a halt.

My mother started looking through her bag. She always had this big messy bag with her. In there you could find anything and everything. Suddenly she pulled out two cases. They were both in a knife shape.

"Here you go kids" she passed one to me and one to my brother. Then she continued searching in her bag.

In the same moment Michelle woke up. "Whats that" she asked looking at the case in my hand.

"Its a knife" i said while taking it out of the case and looking closely at it.

"Mom where did you get this knives they are sick as fuck" said Sage.

"Ugh, your father forgot them after i kicked him out. He loved his knives so i made sure he would forget them". Honestly my mother is such a i dont give a fuck type of person.