III

My family and i settled at a little farm in the middle of nowhere. The farm was empty. No signs of anyone or anything.

After staying there for about 2 weeks we slowly started running out of supplies therefore i made the call to go get some. I was just on my way back home with a truck full of canned food and medicine from a near by thiny store.

I was driving in peace as it was getting a bit dark.

Suddenly i saw something in the distance. It looked like a person needing help. I havent seen any beasts around this area. At this point it was already getting dark but that person looked fine, not infected.

I stopped the car and slowly turned the engine off. Should i help that person, it looks like they need it. I slowly opened the door and left the vehicle soundlessly.

Before I drove off my mother gave me a handgun. Im not totally sure how to shoot them but i remember the jist of it from what my father thought me.

I walked over pistol in hand. I was about 100 meters away from the person. With every step i could hear what they were saying better.

"Please help me", a womans voice infront of me said.

When i heard her speak normally and seeing her in such distress I ran over to her and crouched down.

"Whats wrong, oh shit", she had a broken leg. I didnt know what to do at that point. The leg was completely twisted around at the knee part.

"Kill me, please kill me i dont want to become them", she whispered in pain.

"Ill help you belive me", i comforted her.

I ripped away a part of my shirt that i wore underneath my sweater. And said "Listen this is going to hurt like a bitch", before she could respond i turned her knee and leg back into its original position.

I took the fabric i ripped of my shirt and fixated her knee in place. Then i took a stick that was laying next to her and put it around her knee to fixate it better.

She was at the edge of consciousness. "Listen it will be okay, everything will be fine", i comforted her again. "Please, stay with me you must fight".

"I cant", she whispered back at me, before closing her eyes. Oh fuck, i was too late. I sat back down. She is dead. I saw to many people die infront of me. This cannot be happening again, I had failed once again. I zoned out until suddenly she opened her eyes. The same bloodshot rotten red eyes as the man had.

She lifted her core up and grabbed me pushing me to the ground. She was on top of me and i couldn't get her off of me. Okay Sasha focus its like fighting, you need to use your skills to get her down. Its like jujitsu. She was worse off as she couldnt move one of her legs, but she still had a strong grip on me.

Her face and her bloody teeth were so close to my face. She was opening her mouth wanting to bite me over and over. The sounds that she made. The growls of just pure need. Need for my flesh.

I couldnt twist my legs around her and also keep her out of my face. Sage was right mma is useless a gun is all that matters. Oh fuck i have a gun. I held her away from my face trying not to get bit while searching for my gun. It was in my pocket.

No it was not. I dropped it when i ran over to the girl. This ugly looking girl now.

I tried pushing her to the side away from me and scooting myself from underneath her. I made zero to no progress. Im so fucking  dead im about to fucking  die like what the fuck.

I used all of my strength and pushed her to the side away from me and suddenly i heard a shot. The lovely creature stopped moving and blood splattered into my face.