Tom's Backstory

Tom riddle was in fact, no ordinary child. You see, Toms parents, Tom Riddle and Merope Gaunt left tom. Why? Well, in order for this, i have to give the backstory of toms parents.

MEROPE GUANT

Merope. Merope was from a pureblooded family. Daughter of Marvolo Gaunt, and sister of Morfin Gaunt. She was a direct descendant of Salazar Slytherin, one of the founders of Hogwarts and a Parselmouth. (Ability to speak to snakes), and their family were the last related to Salazar himself. Merope lived in a shack with her father and brother, who mentally and physically abused her. She was thought to be a squib because her magical abilities had not revealed themselves yet. Her family had a lot of Gold but it was squandered several generations before Marvolo was born. All they owned was Salazar Slytherins locket and a ring that was a Gaunt family heirloom, and it was actually the resurrection stone, one of the Deathly Hallows. 

Merope was taken by a rich and handsome muggle boy named Tom Riddle who lived in the mansion up the way from their disgusting small house. Morfin shot a spell at him one day when she was admiring him while gardening. This of course broke the law of wizard's not being able to use magic in front of muggles. A ministry agent came to see Morfin to give him information on his 'hearing' because he had broken that law. Everything went south and it turned out that the ministry agent had to call for backup and there was a duel between Morfin and his father Marvolo, and the ministry officials. Marvolo and Morfin obviously lost and Morfin was sentenced to three years in Azkaban and Marvolo was sentenced to six months. Finally freeing Merope from her awful family. Without the constant abuse from her father and brother, her magical abilities finally manifested, and Merope fled the house taking nothing but Salazar Slytherins locket.

 THE RELATIONSHIP WITH MEROPE GUANT AND TOM RIDDLE SR.

She started giving Riddle, the boy she was taken by a love Potion and eventually got married and Merope became pregnant with the person we would later know as the 'Dark Lord'. Because he was conceived underneath a love Potion he's never able to feel, or express love in his life. Merope had thought because she and Tom had spent so much time together that he might actually love her and if not that, he would at least stay for the baby. So she stopped giving him love potions. The reason being because she didn't want to in slave the love of her life anymore. Unfortunately she was wrong, and Tom left her, alone and pregnant with the baby. Her heart break made her never use magic again. Merope sold the locket to borgin, the owner of 'Borgin and Burke'. Merope becomes ill, and she goes to an orphanage where she gave birth to 'Tom Marvolo Riddle'. She kept tom there for a bit until he was half a year old, then she took tom away to her house for 3 and a half years before dumping him back on the doorstep of Wool's orphanage and then running away. He was born on December the thirty first 1926. As a baby he hardly cried according to the Orphanage.