11

I'm getting married tomorrow.

The past week had been...a series of chaos. My mother took me to different shops to buy clothes for me even though I insisted that I had enough clothes.

But I got luxury clothing for free in the end so it's good I guess. She'll be heartbroken to find out that all of it was a scam.

She wanted to buy me some maternity dresses and some baby clothes...as if I'll ever need them. It was a task to get her to understand that I wanted to buy maternity dresses and baby clothes with Sahaj.

"At least get some mehendi done!" My mother said as she walked into my room.

With Mishthi not being here, I'm not going to do anything. We would've danced or worn silly outfits and probably filled our hands with henna if she was here even though nothing's real but since she isn't, I'm going to do nothing.

"I don't want to, you know I hate the smell," I replied, remembering my non-existent baby, "Strong smells make me feel horrible mummy."

She looked at me with a disappointment-filled expression, "And this wouldn't have happened if you waited till marriage!" She taunted.

"There's only a limited guarantee you get with protection...he did use-"

"Shut up, Besharam." She threw a disgusted look at me, walking away from my room as soon as she could.

I snickered at her response, Indian parents will happily ask for a baby but will get disgusted the moment you start talking about the process.

My phone buzzed with a call from Mishthi, I was quick to answer the call, my ears filling with her scream the moment I answered the call.

"Seerat, oh my god." She squealed yet again, "Oh my God, I can't tell you how excited I am!"

I laughed at her excitement, Dhruv finally got the guts huh?

"What happened?" I asked, "I hope Dhruv didn't fall down the road or something."

"You won't believe it Seerat, ahhhh." She shrieked yet again, "Guess what happened?" She asked.

Oh, I know exactly what happened, Dhruv went abroad for a project and he was texting me at 2 in the morning to help him select a ring for her, he wasted an hour just to buy something he thought would be best for her.

"Hmm...did Dhruv surprise you with another trip?" I asked.

"No, think about something bigger!" She replied. I once read a book where the male lead had a 12-inch dick, that's the only big thing her words made me think of.

"You're moving in with him?" I asked, pretending to be guessing with all my willpower.

"Well...kinda?" She replied, I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Umhmm..."

"Dhruv proposed!" She told me excitedly, she was probably jumping in excitement and probably hitting Dhruv's arm because she couldn't control her happiness.

"Oh my god." I gasped, "You're serious?"

"Yes yes!" She replied, "I can't believe it!" She continued, "I'm so happy."

"Me too Mishthi, I can't wait to meet you guys," I replied, hearing voices from a distance in the background.

"Okay, I gotta go now, they're closing the place." She told me hurriedly, "Bye-bye, I love you."

"Love you more," I replied as she ended the call.

Keeping the phone aside, I looked at the sticky frog that had been on my ceiling for the last 6 months. I threw it away in anger and he never came back to me. Story of my life.