Chapter-9

Isabella's pov.
It's almost 7 pm and Iam still in the office because I had to complete all my work today.
Tomorrow is Saturday so I'll just rest this weekend, because I've worked like a dog this week.

It may take me one hour more to complete all of the work and Iam so hungry.
I skipped lunch because we had to attend a meeting right after and I was kinda nervous.
I don't eat when Iam nervous.

After spending one and half hour, I started packing my bag.
I put all my belongings inside and walk out of my cabin.

It's all dark in here, did everyone already leave?
Ofcourse they must have, it's 3 hours past office hours.

I slowly take my steps towards the elevator untill I bumped into a wall.

When I look up, I see a pair or eyes staring at me.
I quickly get away from him and set my clothes.

"Lost your ability to even see Miss bella?". He says in his cocky voice.

"It's kinda dark in here sir, snd I didn't know you would still be here". I say glaring at him.

"It's my office if you are forgetting". He says and I roll my eyes.

"Thank you for making me realizing the obvious". I say and slightly push him out of the way and got into the elevator.
He follows me and say.

"It's my duty to help my employees when they're clueless". He says and I just sigh.

"That's not your elevator sir". I say looking at him.

"Everything here is mine Miss bella". He says poking my forehead with his index finger.

I just shake my head and wait for the elevator door to open.

After a minute elevator door open and we both get outside and walk out of the office.

"Let me drop you to your house". He says abruptly.

"What?". I ask.

"You heard me". He says.

"No it's fine. I'll go by myself". I say.

"I didn't ask you". He says.
What is wrong with him?

"But it's not appropriate. I shouldn't go around with my boss like that". I say crossing my fingers.
Why am I nervous now?

"We are not going around. I'll just drop you to your house. It means nothing to me more than help". He says.
He is not the person to give up, is he?

"Fine". I say sighing.

I get in backseat but he stays there and stares at me.

"Iam not your driver Miss bella, come outside and get in the passenger seat". He says.
How does that make him my driver?
I just sigh and get in the passenger seat.

He gets in the car after a second.
He comes close to me but I back away a little.

"Wh-What are you doing?". I ask in a shaky breathe.

"Seatbelt". He says. His hot breathe falls on my lips.

"I.. I'll do it myself". I say clenching the seatbelt.

He sits back on his seat and I put on seatbelt after a minute.

He started the car and I just stared out of the window.
Iam enough embarrassed to say anything.

After some minutes he says.
"Iam sorry".

"What?". I ask not believing what I just heard.

"Iam said Iam sorry". He says not looking at me.

"Why are you saying sorry all of a sudden?". I ask him.

"I should have said this long ago. I rejected you when you came in our office for an interview without even giving you a chance. I shouldn't have done that". He says looking straight at the road.

"Oh so Mr. Great Josh Smith have some realization". I say chuckling a bit but stops when I see his serious face staring at me.

"It's fine". I say.

"Am I forgiven?". He asks and I just decided to play. We don't get the chance to bully josh Smith everyday.

"I'll think about it". I say looking out of the window and smirking to myself.

"Till when?". He asks like a kid.

"I don't know, I'll see". I say and he sighs.

"Take your time". He says.
Silence filled in the car once again.

"Why did you come late to the meeting?". I ask to break this loud silence.

"I had to meet my mother". He says smiling a bit.

"You could have done that at night". I say looking at him.

"We gotta celebrate her birthday tonight, so i couldn't have met her". He says.

What does he mean?

"Are your parents divorced?". I ask.
What is wrong with you Isabella Williams? Why are you asking questions that has nothing to do with you?

"Iam sorry, you don't have to answer that". I say quickly after that.

He chuckles a bit and says.

"They are not divorced, my mom died when I was young". He says and my heart started feeling heavy.

"Iam sorry for you loss". I say in a low voice.
He just nods his head.

"You can drop me here, it's just 2 minute walk from there". I say and the car comes to a halt.

"Goodnight". I say and he nods again.
I get out if the car and Waited for him to go.

After a minute he drove off and I also started walking with different thoughts in my mind.