| 005: promises |

005| PROMISES |

005
| PROMISES |

The ritual hadn't just awakened the werewolf within Klaus, but it had also awakened Malia's powers.

And now, they were on the brink of exploding out of her body.

Malia's hands shot up to her throat, where the fiery tendrils of her burgeoning powers seared her skin. The agony was unbearable, a relentless assault that buckled her knees and sent her crashing to the ground.

In the meantime, Bonnie, Damon and Elijah swept onto the scene. The witch's incantations echoed with a haunting melody, weaving through the air to ensnare the shifting hybrid in a web of agony.

As the original vampire seized the opportunity to enact his scheme, Bonnie's powers surged, transforming the very atmosphere around them. The winds danced with her magic while thunder rumbled like the ominous drums of fate overhead.

As the witch's torment on Klaus escalated, waves of agony intensified through Malia's body. With determination etched upon her features, she lifted her gaze towards the vampire, desperate for relief. "Elijah, kill him! He has to die!" she implored, her voice a fervent plea for release from her connection with the hybrid.

Klaus was rarely terrified, but as his brother thrust his hand into his chest, seizing his beating heart, dread seized him.

Yet, in the crucial moment when Elijah poised to wrench Klaus's heart from his chest, the hybrid revealed a pivotal truth about their family members. "I didn't scatter them at sea! Their bodies are safe! If you kill me, you'll never find them," Klaus declared, his voice strained with agony as his bones groaned under the strain of transformation.

Casting one last regretful glance toward Bonnie, Damon, Stefan, and Malia, Elijah's eyes held a world of apology. "Forgive me..." the original vampire pleaded before vanishing into the night, his brother cradled in his arms as they disappeared in a blur of speed.

"No!" cried the four of them in unison, furious to see their plan fail.

As the frustration of seeing Klaus survive surged through Malia, the latent power within her stirred, on the brink of eruption.

In the grip of excruciating pain, she raised her eyes to the luminous full moon, her form still knelt upon the earth, and unleashed a primal scream that pierced the night with its intensity.

A torrent of magic, unleashed with such force, surged from her lips, snuffing out every nearby flame. The energy slammed into the bodies of the two vampires and the witch by her side, hurling them to the ground in mere moments.