Capter One - The Arp, The Guitar, The Axe

[MISSING - THE CORPSE OF THE HEAD OF THE EXTERMINATION, ADAM FIRSTMAN, IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND! CANNIBAL TOWN THE PRIME SUSPECT!]

Killjoy's voice echoed through the TV as I made my way into my- well, Adam's room by that point, holding a basket.
He was still spat on my bed, with some beer on the side, zapping through channels bearing an expression of pure boredom.

«Good morning Adam! How are you doing today? Oh, it's better not to drink.»
«Easy for you to say. I have nothing to do and Hell's television is so fucking lame dude!»
«Haha! Well, if it was good that would kill the purpose. But I think you simply have to get accustomed to it. In regard of your sudden disappearence... For now they think the cannibals got you. Isn't that convenient?»

I sat on my chair.

«So, can you move?»
«Do you really think I'd stay here if I could?»
«I mean, any improvements?»

The angel bit his lips as if to contain that feeling of powerlessness. No words were necessary.

«Don't worry, I imagined so. That's why I prepared a special medicine, just for you.»

From the basket, I pulled out a bowl full of a thick black liquid, with a sludge-like texture. Odorless.

«If you expect me to slurp that shit-»
«Come on, don't be a kid. If I wanted to poison you, I could've already done it with the ribs. So what do you have to lose?»

I placed the bowl on the bedside, close to the empty bottles of beer.

Adam took his fair five minutes before deciding to consume the medicine in one gulp.

«Eeek-Eugh! It tastes AWFUL! And- H- AHHHHHG! WHAT THE HELL?»

He started to touch his bandages shivering and painting.

«IT STINGS! IT FUCKING STINGS!! MY WOUNDS ARE ON FUCKING FIRE!»

With an abrupt movement of the arm he knocked down the bowl and the bottles, the sound of the breaking glass acting as a background for his screams.

«Good. It means your wounds are reacting to it.»

When he started to chill out, he covered his face with an hand, glaring at me. If he had the ability to move, he would've probably strangled me.

«What did you make me drink...?»
«It was a blend of active carbon, distilled water, exorcist bone ash, and rosemary oil.»

Adam looked back at the bowl.

«E-Exorcist...Bones?»

He took a deep breath, just those moments you need when you realize you ate something of your own kind, or I don't know. Never experienced it.

«You are a fucking menace. This is crossing into some heretic shit kinda sorcery.»

I chuckled.

«Things may be closer than you think. Anyways, you have to drink it everyday, but don't worry, each time should technically be less painful, as your body and wounds get accustomed to it. Can't do anything about the taste, though.»

From my basket, I also picked up a notebook.

«So, to sum up. You are currently a fallen angel. Does this mean you lost access to all your powers?»
«I can't open portals to Heaven or generate my holy light anymore. Plus, I lost my axe.»