Chapter IV : The Journey To Freedom

September 5th 1938.

Just yesterday i had been walking around Diagon Alley, getting my school supplies and wand, the thought of actually being somewhere other than that Orphanage not passing my mind, i couldn't really believe that i was going to be somewhere where i can walk around and talk to people hopefully, just like me. Only this morning the realisation had just crossed my thoughts that i can finally be somewhere where i belong. Apparently my stuff from the Orphanage had already been packed and are ready for me to leave later on this morning, i can see that now because it actually has. Quite clever if i'm being honest with you. Just as i was waking up at my usual time, 5am, Hagrid had came into my room.

'Ey! there ye are Tom! Ye sleep good? Well, hope ya has because ye need to get changed and head down de stairs for breckie soon!' Hagrid said with a smile. I slowly looked up at him and nodded my head.

'Ok. I'll be down after i get changed.' I say.

'Ye better do cause we gotta get goin at Half past Ten, your lucky the train station ain't that far from here.' uttered Hagrid.

'Ill leave ye in peace to get changed, then ye better be downstairs shortly afterwards, Ok?'

'Ok.'

Hagrid then left the room and headed downstairs himself for probably his breakfast. I got out of bed after a minute or so, so i can actually adjust to my surroundings. I put on my usual outfit, shorts, long socks and my jacket and walked down the stairs with a straight face.

'Ther ye are Tom! Just in time for ya breckie, its coming out any minute now.' Hagrid said as he looked at me. I took a seat across from Hagrid and put my arms on the table in a crossed position, A faint frown shadowing over my face.

'Why ye sad Tom? Ye get to go to 'Ogwarts the school of magic in a bit!' The giant said, obviously in a confused tone of voice.

'I'm not sad. I'm just curious to why this has happened. I got left at the Orphanage when i was 4, no word from anyone at all and no one had decided to pay me a visit until August. I find this all strange.' I say with my cold expression and voice.

'Well, ye see Tom, sometimes peoples parents, like if ye are a muggle-born, don't know anything about de school and ye find out by a letter. But most of de time peoples parents are a Half-blood and know about 'Ogwarts and tell their children about it when the time is right, then they get the letter. Just in your unlucky luck, you had no idea about de school, so no wonder why ye are a bit weirded out.' Hagrid spoke with a chuckle. 'Oh. Ok.' I speak after a few seconds, processing it through my brain. I get my breakfast, eat it and find a book to read for a few hours until Half 10, for when i have to leave for the train. When the time is for when i have to leave, Hagrid comes walking over with my stuff in hand, like my suitcase and luggage and smiles. 'Its time to go now Tom!' he says in a cheerful tone. 'I'll walk ye there then i have to pop my way to 'Ogwarts very quickly to speak to Dumbledore. You will see me when ye are there.' 'Ok.' 'Lets get goin now, ye don't wanna be late!' After that, we leave from the inn and walk to the Train station, it took us 15 minutes. 'Ok, Tom, ye got to go to Platform 9 3/4 and run through the wall with ya stuff, do ye think you can do that?' 'Yes.' i say.

'Ok good. I gotta be headin off now, see ye at the train station Tom!' Says Hagrid with a smile before walking off and disappearing. I walk my way over to the Platform, there was no 9 3/4 so i assumed i have to count 3 brick walls along, and going to the last stop. I was correct. I saw a few children running through the wall with their stuff so i just went in after them, it did in fact take me to the train station. As i got into Hogwarts train station, there was a lot of children. Most were on the train already, so i just got onto the train myself and found a cabin to sit inside Of, thankfully without anyone. I put my stuff up on the shelf above the seats and i sat down and took out my book i was reading. Thankfully these cabins had tables so i could put my book down and study, possibly writing down stuff as i do so. Children were still getting on the train as i was already a few pages in from reading. After a few minutes of reading, i heard a knock on my cabin door. I looked up slowly and saw two Girls standing there, definitely my age. One of the girls on the right had dark brown, long curly hair, while the girl on the left had purely straight hair which was a very dark brown with bright blonde stripes, they both had formal, posh looking outfit's on. One opened the door and looked at me with an unreadable facial expression. 'Excuse me, Can me and my sister sit here? All the other cabins are full, and ones that are not but still have people seem to only be interested in messing about.' One of the sisters asked. I didn't want anyone sitting with me, but these 2 girls seemed like ones i could tolerate. 'Yes.' I say before looking back down at my book. 'Thank you.' She said as she took a seat across from me with her sister. 'I'm Bellatrix, and that's my sister, Narcissa .' The other sister said as she turned her head to me. 'And you are?' she asked once more. 'Tom Marvolo Riddle.' I spoke without looking up at them both. 'Its a pleasure to meet you Tom.' Narcissa said. 'Are you in your first year?' 'Yes. Are you two as well?' I mumble. 'Yes.' Narcissa said before opening her bag and getting out a book to read. After that, None of us spoke to each other, Not even the sisters. They were both reading their books while i was reading mine, trying to find out what 'Hippogriffs' are.