Chapter 3: The Dare

"Hahaha," I laughed. The party was running so smoothly. It was currently 9:06 pm. I looked around at all my friends lounging around; Maura and Lana were playing catch it you keep it with some food, and Vivi and Della were talking. I suddenly remembered the case in the game cabinet.

     " Hey, have any of you ever played with a oujia board ?" 

     " Yeah, I have, it wasn't even scary, " Della replied

     " Then let's play, " I challenged. I reached to the cabinet and pulled out the case." Here we are," I unfolded the game board slowly. As I spread every thing out Maura reached for the lights. Lana laughed and moved closer, Vivi and Della  grabbed some food." Here we go. Who wants to go first?" I asked, the room gets really silent. I can hear the dishwasher hum upstairs." If nobody will go I will." I'm kind of nervous. My hands shake as I reach for the plaque. I look up to see Vivi reading the note, " What's this?" she asks. Her brows are furrowed up. 

" Lemme see," Maura snatches it, laughing. She reads it with a stone-cold expression, " Yeah, what is it?" Then Lana grabs it from Maura.

  " It's just some stupid thing, my Uncle Tom said not to call Charlie."

    " Do it, please," Della begs, " I dare you." She looks at me her eyes sparkling in the dim light.

     " Ok," I shrug. Whats the worst that could happen.

   "Charlie, Charlie, are you there?" nothing happens, " Charlie Charlie, since you aren't yet arrived I summon you!" I demand. It's cold as nothing happens, but suddenly there is a big gust of wind.

    " I'm here," a voice sings it sounds like a man. The wind blows louder, harder.

    " No, no,no!" I shout plugging my ears my eyes are closed. An icy hand grips me, tight.