2

I hear footsteps which is unusual, no one ever enters the classroom this early except for me. I can feel eyes on me, I pick my head up and the first thing I noticed was blue eyes. Eyes like sapphire stones, a warm smile, hazel hair, and freckles. I've never seen someone so radiant, it's unknown and that's what makes this situation scary. All I can do is stare at her, I don't want to speak. If I speak we will have a conversation and conversation leads to making a connection to her. A connection with someone is scary because that is unknown to me.

She then says "Hello, I'm Hinata. I'm new here, can I sit next to you?". I say nothing, I nod my head yes and she sits next to me. I lay my head back down, she is too bright. Why would she want to sit next to me? There are so many open seats yet she chooses to sit here, this girl is different. Different is scary, especially since I prefer to stick with what I know, what I know is sadness. No one wants to be around someone like me, I'm dark.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, I pick my head up and I see those sapphire eyes looking right at me. She speaks "What's your name?". My name, should I tell her? Without thinking about it much I say to her "I'm Rain.". She responds "Rain that's a pretty name for someone like you. I hope we can get along Rain.". I nod my head yes. She thinks my name is pretty, she thinks I'm pretty. That makes me feel warm, something I've never felt before.