ch.5 See You Tonight

{Santina's POV}

I see Sebastian working on a 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 that seems to be kept in good condition besides some scruffs on the paint job. Intrigued by the classic, I walk towards him and see what he's working on in the engine.

Looks like the ignition coil is failing, I continue to watch as he cranks some parts in the engine. His biceps flex as he does so I can't help but look at how rough but precise in his actions. Forgetting that this isn't something from a movie I stare a little too long. He looks up at me from where he's at and what are you looking at me for? Look. Realizing he caught me staring at him I try to come up with something.

 Realizing he caught me staring at him I try to come up with something

"...uhh the ignition coil is loose!" I say pointing at the faulty coil, looking at where I'm pointing he realizes I'm right. Sighing he shakes his head out of dissatisfaction with himself.

"I've been trying to figure out what was wrong with this fucking engine since the morning" he says as he writes down on a notepad saying "need new ignition coils" in messy handwriting.

"How'd you figure that out?" He asks, looking at me with surprise.

"It was wobbling while you were cranking stuff in the engine which they shouldn't budge like that" I say truthfully, getting closer to where he's at to wiggle the loose coil. I've always liked cars and would watch mechanic videos on YouTube always looking at how to fix engines. It's always been one of my hobbies.

"Damn I didn't even bother looking at that" he says now looking at the coils.

"You know a lot about cars?" He asks, curiosity getting the best of him. I contemplate whether I should say yes or lie and say no. What if he tries to say I'm not really into cars and I'm just seeking guys' attention? Or tests me like I'm some idiot. But then again maybe he won't?....

"Yeah it's always been a little hobby of mine, learning about cars and their engines" I let out, feeling good about telling the truth. He nods his head looking at the engine.

"Figured, you caught something that I never noticed, sembra che in te ci sia qualcosa di più oltre alle urla, piccola aquila"

He says softly looking at me. I almost squirm with how hot his Italian accent rolls off his tongue so smoothly oh my gosh he's so hot. I don't know what he said but it was hot.

"So are you French? You don't seem to be, you're fluent in English and another language that I doubt is French" I ask, trying to play it cool. I move my hands away from the car's engine after checking it out and scratch my nose a little.

"No I'm Italian not French" he says keeping it vague. Cleaning his hands once again with a rag he looks at me, he doesn't look away. I look back at him wondering if I did something wrong. He walks towards me, too confused to move. I stay put wondering what he's doing.

Once he's inches away from me he looks at my lips and brings his hand up to my face and brushes his finger over the top of my lips.

"You had some oil grease on your face" he says expressionless.

"Oh...oh! That's embarrassing" I say realizing what he said thinking he was gonna kiss me or something....

He closes the hood of the mustang and as he does so he gets a call. Picking it up to see who it was, his expression goes from nothing to irritation. I hear him mumble something in Italian I assume from what he told me.

{Sebastian's POV}

"che cazzo vuoi?" I say already knowing what this asshole is gonna ask.

"sai già cosa chiederò al fratellino" my older brother says from the other line.

"Come on man you know you only have like 3 months left or you're done for, you know father won't hesitate to find someone for you" he adds as if I don't know.

"I'm busy right now so waste my time some other day" I say hanging up on him. Fuck i dont know how im going to pull this off, just who am i going ask to marry? That won't ask too many questions and just play along.

I was lucky enough for father to even agree to letting me choose who I marry and he gave me up until accession which is this year on June 16th 2024; It's March 20th, I only have four months and I haven't gotten anyone to marry.

Walking back to the girl, Santina I wonder just why she is here. I still find it strange that she and her friend just happened to run away here and she ended up in my home.

I see her talking to Angelica, the one who kept looking at my private area, just what did Santina tell her? I see how Santina's hair shines under the sunlight coming from the window in front of them, her smile brightening up her face, the complete opposite of what I saw last night.

She looks so at ease on the outside but from the way she's talked to me i can tell she's anything but at ease, the way she gripped that yellow dog toy the entire time until her palms turned white and her wrist shook from all the tension, the way she lightly bit her lip the entire time watching me trying to figure out what was wrong, and the way she knew exactly what was wrong.

There's something about her being highly knowledgeable about cars that ignites something in me. I can tell there's more to her than just looks most definitely. Makes me want to dig deeper beneath the surface of her walls that she keeps up so diligently.

What if I ask her to marry me?

Shut the fuck up Sebastian you dont even know her. Fottutamente pazzo.

Come on she's perfect, you're clearly interested in her and she doesn't know who you are, I mean with how she supposedly just flew over here from the states because she wanted to, who's to say she wont say yes to this?

No I'm not asking this girl! She pepper sprayed me and ripped my towel off who knows what she'll do to me when we're married! And she thought I was gonna do something to her, the irony.

Notice how you said when we're married.

Just shut the hell up sebastian.

Sebastian made his way to Sonny and the girls mid conversation.

"Sebastian we're gonna take Santina and baby collector over here out for drinks tonight"

"Who's we?" Sebastian says clearly against going with them. Sonny hits his shoulder.

"Come on bro don't be like that! We'll meet up at around seven?" Sonny asks the girls, they nod smiling.

"Okay so we're gonna get going see you at seven!" Angelica says excitedly, glad that they already made friends, hot ones at that. They say their goodbyes but Sebastian adds on.

"Bye piccola aquila" Sebastian says, a light smirk displayed on his lips with his arms crossed showing off his biceps, leaning against a counter making direct eye contact with Santina.

Santina quickly turns around and walks out the shop going ahead of Angelica.

"Santi, wait for me!!" Angelica says as she's laughing. 

A/N

1,243 words for this chapterrrr, I think I'm going to write shorter chapters so the storyline plot thickens quicker. Hope you like this chapter, how do you think tonight is going to go for Santi and Angel?