7.1 Abhi mujhme kahin~ SS

Author's note: Dedicating this OS to SanjuktaMaity20 for giving me this beautiful idea and for the brief that she gave me about Abhinav's character.
Consider this a mother's day special Akshnav x Abhira OS. Believe me I was in tears while penning this down, especially because I was listening to the titular song on loop while writing this, and would recommend you all to listen to it while reading.
Feel free to leave feedbacks and any other idea suggestions you all might have.

____________________________________

"I love you completely and you love me the same, the rest is confetti."

In the quiet of the night, a solitary figure lies ensconced in a cocoon of blankets, her restless form tossing and turning like a ship caught in a tempest. Beads of perspiration dot her fevered skin, a testament to the turmoil raging within. Clutched tightly against her chest, the weathered pages of her mother's diary whisper secrets of a bygone era, its presence a bittersweet reminder of a bond now severed by the cruel hands of fate. As she drifts between the realms of dreams and reality, a soft humming slightly calms her raging nerves.

A voice she would recognise anywhere, a voice she longs to hear again, the voice that has soothed her through nightmares and patted her back from her daydreams.

"O Kanha ab toh murali ki,
Madhur suna do taan"

Her eyes softly opened to the song that has been a lingering gaurdian watching over her. With a tumult of emotions weighing her heart, and tears finding their way down her cheeks, she looks around to find the source of the voice.

"Main hoon Teri Prem deewani,
Mujhko tu pehchaan,
Madhur suna do taan"

And there it was, the surreal form of her mother under the dim moonlight. Abhira's hand reached out to her mother, in an attempt to feel her warmth again, "Mumma...", she sobbed, "Mumma..."

"Arey ro kyun Rahi hai beta, come here," Akshara softly pulled her daughter in her embrace. And Abhira let her tears fall freely, consumed by the weight of her longing and her loneliness in a world that satiates it's hunger by feeding over the spirits of orphaned, innocent hearts.

Abhira's sobs echoed in the entire room, her grief looming in the atmosphere like smoke after the relentless fire had burnt down a home.

"I didn't know my choti sherni was such a cry baby", Abhinav's playful voice made Abhira look at him aghast. Her big innocent eyes widening a little.

Abhinav softly flicked her nose and chuckled at her expression. "Apne papa ko dekhkar itni hairaan hogayi, won't you say something to me Abhira?"

And Abhira's hand reached out to settle on his cheek. "Papa...aap...you...", she struggled with her words.

And Abhinav took his daughter in an embrace, the look of heartbreak gnawing at his heart.

"Why? Why Papa...Why did you and Mamma leave me? Mera koyi nahi hai yahaan? Why couldn't you just take me with you Papa, we could have been a happy family? I don't like it here Papa, I...I don't. It's so suffocating...the hatred...the blames....I am losing myself...mujhse ab nahi ho raha."

Abhinav let his little girl cry. His heart bled at the thought of all those moments his daughter must have called out for her parents in moments of despair only for her yearnings to be the unanswered prayers. Fate had played cruel games with him, an orphan longing for a home all his life, praying, begging to God for one chance at happiness in life, only for it to be snatched away from him, leaving his daughter to have a similar fate, if not worse.