Chapter 18 - Hurt

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED.

Chapter 18

" I can't believe you did that. What were you thinking, Anna? " Quinn exclaimed and rubbed her temples as she sighed in defeat.

Yes. What was I thinking! What have I done? How could I do this to Colton? I was the one who promised to never hurt him. I was the one who promised to never leave him. I was the one who promised I'd tell him everything no matter what. But I broke all three promises.

" So, what are you going to do next? " Quinn asked as we sat on the bench outside my dad's room. Aunt Mary was already inside the room by the time I reached and she brought all the necessities for my dad.

" I don't know. " I sighed, covering my face because I was so tired. I just want to sleep right now. I just don't want to think of anything whatsoever. " I need to find a part time job. But I honestly don't know what kind of part time job I could do to pay my dad's medical fees. " I sighed again.

" I can help you. We can do it together, Anna. " She patted my back. I looked up and saw her smiling genuinely and realized I'm very lucky to have her in my life. I finally smiled back and held her hand.

" You have me too, Anna. Don't forget your Aunt Mary. " Aunt Mary said, after closing the door. " Your dad just fell asleep. Let's go back. " She smiled.

" Anna, come. I want to discuss something with you. " Aunt Mary patted on the couch when we reached home, asking me to sit down. I sat down and listened patiently.

" I've been thinking about moving back here permanently. " Aunt Mary said and I instantly gave her a wide grin.

" Really? That's great! " I said, excitedly.

" Yes. And you know I've been working as a nurse for 14 years now. I'm planning to resign from my current job and apply for a new one in your dad's hospital. " She smiled.

" What? Aunt Mary, you don't have to do that. If you're worried about dad's medical fees, I can assure you that I will find a way to solve it. " I argued.

" No, Anna. Ben is my brother and he practically raised me like his own daughter too. He paid for my education. Now is the time for me to repay him. I want to do this and I need to. " She reasoned out with me. I pouted and nodded obediently.

" However, I want you to promise me one thing. " She took my hand and added.

" I want to see you graduate. I don't care how expensive is your dad's medical fees. You must complete your senior year first. " She demanded.

" But- "

" No buts, Anna. Your dad wants to see you graduate as well. You're an intelligent girl. Don't let it go to waste. " She patted my head and looked at me, hoping that I would be good and obey.

" Alright. I promise you I will graduate. But you have to let me work. I can work as a part-timer. I promise I will manage my time between work and studies. " I begged and she nodded her head reluctantly.

" Thank you, Aunt Mary! " I kissed her goodnight and went up to my room.

" Anna! Seth found a part time job for you! " Quinn came running to me with Seth walking behind her.

I quickly placed all the books in my locker. The hates seems to go down a little after Colton resigned. Some students stop caring and stop talking. But some still glared at me like I'm a dirty trash, especially Britney and her group of bitches.

" Really? What part time job? " I smiled and asked with curiosity.

" It's my brother's cafe. He's actually looking for a barista right now. " Seth answered and grinned widely.