Chapter 9 - Olivia

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED.

Please comment and tell me what do you think! <3

Chapter 9

We walked in the lobby and almost half of the staff working in the hotel came out to greet Colton. Some shook his hands while some, mostly girls bowed down and greeted him. I suddenly felt like this Colton in front of me was so different from the Colton I once knew. The happy-go-lucky Colton when he was young was no longer there. The insecure Colton that I saw that night was long gone too. This man, standing in front of me, was supremely confident. While I was in my own world thinking about all the stupid things, Colton turned around and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers; he led me to the elevator and brought us all the way up to the highest floor. The restaurant Colton brought me to was a very cosy and high-class restaurant. The ceiling was really high up and there were many transparent chandeliers sparking brightly because of its diamonds on it. We went to the center of the restaurant and many customers who dined in there were already staring at us as there were many staffs and waiters surrounding us.

“ Mr. Zac, I hope you will enjoy your night here. Thank you. “ The man, who I assumed to be the manager, spoke and nodded to his workers to leave both of us alone. A few minutes later, a waiter brought the menus and approached us. He gently placed the menu in front of me and smiled brightly at me. I couldn’t help but smiled as well. He was really friendly and sweet. He took down our order and walked away.

“ You do know he’s flirting with you right? “ Colton muttered, with a cold stare. I was lost at words. His stare was deadly especially at the waiter who was now serving another table.

“ Colton, he’s harmless. “ I stated and gulped down the glass of water that was in front of me because I was just that thirsty.

“ You’ll never know. I’m firing him. “ He replied and shrugged.

“ What? You can’t just fire someone just because he smiled at me. “ I raised my eyebrows in disagreement.

“ It’s not just a smile, Anna. “ He retorted. I just shook my head and sighed because I did not know what else to fight back.

“ Colton? “ A woman’s voice startled me from the back. I looked at Colton and his eyes instantly lit up, realising who was it that called him. He stood up and grinned widely. The woman immediately ran to him and hugged him.

“ I miss you so much! “ The woman mumbled while hugging him. At that moment, I wanted to rip that woman’s arms off of Colton. Who is she to touch and simply hug Colton like that! They were hugging each other while I sat here, looking dumbfounded.

“ When did you come back? “ Colton pulled away and asked with excitement.

“ I just came back a week ago. I was busy settling down in my new apartment and busy packing. “ She replied. They were having their own conversation and I felt so invisible, like I wasn’t even there at all until that woman turned to look at me.

“ Colton, aren’t you going to introduce us? “ She smiled sweetly.

This woman, standing in front of me, was beyond beautiful. She has straight brunette hair and beautiful green smoking eyes. Her height was around 5’8” with her high heels on. She could even be mistaken as a Victoria’s Secret’s model. Both of them looked so matching with Colton standing at 6’2”. She was wearing a black shirred mini tube dress with a white Prada clutches and a diamond white Temps Moderne De Cartier watch. I could recognise that watch as Quinn has shown it to me on the magazine before. That is something I can never afford, ever. Definitely not in this life.

“ Anna, this is Olivia. Olivia, this is my Anna. “ Colton smiled.

“ Oh. So this is Anna. “ Olivia smirked and looked at me from head to toe.

“ Nice to meet you, Anna! Colton always talk about you. This guy never stops and he can get really annoying sometimes. “ Olivia laughed and hit Colton’s arm.

“ It’s very nice meeting you too. “ I replied and smiled weakly, feeling very uncomfortable right now.

“ So, how is grandpa right now? I miss him so much. “ She turned and continued talking to Colton. Does she not know that this is our date? Or is she trying to… Nah, it can’t be. She doesn’t look like that kind of woman.

“ Grandpa is fine. He said he miss you so much too. You should visit him when you’re free. “ Colton responded. She is that close to Colton’s grandpa? Colton’s grandpa must love her so much.

“ Alright then. I’ll visit him very soon. Anyway, my friend is waiting for me over there. Got to go. See you soon, Colton. “ She gave him another hug and kissed his cheek.

“ Bye, Anna. “ She said without looking at me and walked away.

Colton sat back down and smiled at me, “ I knew Olivia in Russia 4 years ago through a family meeting. I’ve been treating her like my little sister since then. “

I could only nod. I didn’t know what to say; or ask. Family meeting? Are they related? What kind of family meeting? I excused myself to the bathroom.

She was perfect. I thought as I looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed and washed my hands.

“ His grandpa will never accept you. “ I turned around and realised it was Olivia. Since when did she come in? I did not even hear anything.

“ What? “ I asked with curiosity.

“ Colton’s grandpa will never accept you. Or like you. “ She explained.

“ Why? “ That was all I could come up with because I didn’t know how to react.

“ Because you’re no one. You’re useless to them. Colton is the heir of The Global. You think they will let some gold digger destroy Colton’s life? “ Olivia said bluntly which made me flinch. Gold digger? How am I a gold digger?

“ So, it’s better for you to leave Colton before you hurt yourself. Trust me. Colton will be better off without you. If he marries someone with a better family background and someone who can help him in his business, he can conquer the business industry and be the most powerful man in the business world. Besides, grandpa is planning our engagement right now. “ She smirked. My heart sank.

“ Engagement? “ I asked, feeling like the world is literally falling apart. My heart hurts so badly I wanted to cry out at that moment. No! I can’t. I can’t let this woman see how badly I was affected by her words.

“ Yes. Colton and I are getting engaged soon. Colton didn’t tell you that? “ She gasped and covered her mouth. “ My! I have such a big mouth. Well, keep this a secret for me alright? We’re not supposed to reveal it out yet. “ She laughed and walked out the bathroom, leaving me dumbfounded in the bathroom. I slowly placed my hand on my chest and fisting it, my heart was breaking. I could feel it; the feeling of being stabbed in the chest with a knife, those words is forever etched in my mind. I leaned against the white concrete sinks as my tears blurred my vision. I wanted to scream and break something.

 How could he… How could he do this to me! Just when I decided to love him whole-heartedly. Why?

A/N: Hello guys! Sorry if this chapter is bad :( Trust me! It will all be worth it at the end! :) Sorry for the bad punctuations or any grammar mistakes.

Much love always,

Anne