Chapter 8

PART 36: THE QUIZ OF PUZZLES

2 June 2291, 3:18 p.m.

-Tan Ying's POV

"Now, not questions - we will have puzzles! FUN PUZZLES!" The examiner said. From the previous three set of quizzes they had got their three light blue, lime and dark yellow pearls.

"Good job for ending the earthquake. NOw, onto the fourth puzzle."

The time bomb reads 00:40 for this one... Is it going to be easier with the funny Portal Gun question?

"In these rooms, there are clues. Solve the puzzle."

"Okay, room 1. On the back? Hmm..." Jing Yi thought aloud.

35 seconds.

"Oh... Could it be..." Jing Yi gazed over to the passcode box where I had just typed in the answer. The lights turned green and in the next room dispensed a green pearl. The trio ran over to me as we walk through a green tunnel with green lights and green doors.

"It was written on the back of the thing with the clues on the back," I said.

"Sure, makes sense," YiChen shrugged. The time bomb reset itself and we hurried to the other end of the tunnel.

"And the answer was 'ON THE BACK'!" I smiled.

-YiChen's POV

"Room 2. 45 degrees." Xinnan murmured. 20 seconds.

I walked to the middle of the room and faced the right side of the room before turning 45 degrees to the right. The lights turned red and in the room that was opposite where I was standing dispensed a red pearl and the rest of us ran across the tunnel, afraid to lose precious time.

"What was that all about?" Tan Ying asked, confused.

"It's simple, in Wushu, we have to start from a 45 degrees angle facing to the right of the carpet," I explained. "Welly", with reference to our "friend"'s smally he wrote in his composition...

Xinnan flipped to the next card and mumbled to himself, " Room 3: 8 degrees." Oh well, then.

-Xinnan's POV

This is the maximum an ICE T can tilt. I went into Room 3, before I tilted 8 degrees and the lights turned...navy blue and dropped a navy blue pearl."

Next, Tan Ying flipped his card and whispered something.

"Room 1x3+1, 1+1=2." He went to a room clapped his hands and got a blue...FORTUNE COOKIE?!

"Don't worry, no man made colouring and all additives are natural." The examiner said. Tan Ying opened it and there was a piece of paper.

The paper...literally...said "Volkswagen Das Auto. Skip ad in 5...4...3...2...1...Skip ad. Note to you, all questions now are just warm up...know wat? U should know...BEEP the CoreanTel user you are calling is currently unavailable, please use our VoiceMail after the BOO sound. BOO"

PART 37: LOVE IS IN...NO...EARTHQUAKE AGAIN 

-Tan Ying's POV

"Faulty." I said.

"Definitely, should I wack it?" YiChen offered.

"NO!!!" Jing Yi cried out and explained that it could be important.

"It is not important," the examiner said.

YiChen, being a good friend of Jing Yi's flicked the examiner's forehead and left him rubbing his forehead in pain.