A Little Cliche

The water caress down my body, relaxingy muscles. Scrubbing my body squeaky clean with the soap that lathers my body, my hand glides over my baby bump. It has developed since I been here. It has become my world, it's the only person that is keeping me sane and on this earth.

The pain is numbing, soul crushing, excruciating, but when I think of my baby growling inside of me, it stops, for I have a reason to live.

My baby needs me.

I'll show everyone that I don't need Haythem, that I can move on like I know he has already.

I need to prove to everyone that I am strong, that even though this pain is unbearable, I can live through it.

Turning off the water, I step out of the shower. Wrapping a towel around my body, I dry myself.

Wrapping the towel around my waist, I step out of the steamy bathroom. Auntie is sitting on my bed with clothes laying beside her.

"Conner told me where he's taking you so I picked out your clothes." Auntie stands handing me the clothes with a pair of briefs.

I blush that she seen my underwear. Taking the clothes, I walk back in the bathroom and get dressed. Dressing in tan shorts and a black and white button down shirt with black vans, I then come out of the bathroom.

Auntie squeals. "You look handsome, now let's do something with your hair."

She pushes me on the toilet, then she grabs a hair dryer. Drying my hair, Auntie then straightens it, then she puts it in a ponytail with a few strains falling out of the ponytail.

"Done!" Auntie squeals loudly. "You look so handsome!"

I run to the mirror in my room. Glancing at my reflection, I would say I do look handsome. The dark shirt brings out my eyes and makes my hair brighter.

At that time, the doorbell rings indicating Conner is here. I take deep breathes so I don't freak out.

Biting my bottom lip, I tread down the stairs, opening the door, I'm met with a sight to see.

Conner is wearing black shorts with a red pair of vans and a red and black button down. His Sandy blonde hair hangs down from the ponytail he usually wears.

"You look gorgeous!" Conner grins handsomely, a blush reddens my cheeks.

"As do you." I grin.

"Shall we go?" Conner ask.

"Yeah, before Auntie demands to take pictures." Conner grabs my hand and leads me to a black jeep. Opening the door for me, I climb in.

Conner then runs around the hood, and gets in. Starting the car, he pulls away from the curb.

"So where are we going?" I ask with excitement in my voice.

"A picnic on a beach." Conner glances at me nervously.

"I've never been on a picnic before!" I say excitedly.

"Oh thank goodness, I was worried it was a repeat cliche." Conner smirks handsomely.

"It's a little cliche, but not a repeat for me." I giggle. I try to cover my giggle with my hand, but the laughter escapes.

"You have a cute giggle." Conner's words are serious, causing a blush to redden my cheeks.

"Thank you." I grin softly.

"You're welcome." He turns his head to grin at me for a few seconds. It's a gorgeous grin, a tiny tug in my heart tells me that I can actually fall for this guy.