Twelve: Mason

Twelve

I threw my fist down onto the coffee table, nearly breaking it into two as it impacted against the fine wood. I was furious, enraged even at what was happening. I, Mason Chiserly was not one to be broken up with! And even if it was weeks after Auburn had ran away from me at the altar, I was still fuming with anger.

"Mason, just calm down. Isn't it good she's gone?" my secretary Sophie told me, her long brown hair tied up in a bun as she sat down on one of the couches placed in the living room. Sophie was in simple words, hot. Not beautiful, but smoking hot. There was a big difference. Her high cheekbones showed through for miles, as her skinny, pale body was perfected beyond belief.

Shooting a glare over to her now leaning back, I stopped pacing and stood in front of the coffee table placed in front of her. It wasn't cracked from the punch it received from me earlier, but slightly indented.

"Good she's gone? Why? Yeah I cheated on her with you, but that didn't mean I didn't love her," I told Sophie, as she gave me that dumb look she always seemed to have locked on her face every now and then. It was like a fake confusion that wrinkled up her forehead and cheeks. Not attractive at all.

Sophie scoffed, bringing her high heeled feet up to rest on the coffee table as she leaned back all the way, which seemed quite hard to do considering the tight black dress she was wearing from work earlier.

Yes, I had brought her over instead of hiding our ways at work, but having her over more and more was making me go nuts somehow. Maybe it was her high pitched voice, or how she was always so ditzy and didn't know anything, or that the only good thing about her was how she looked. Sometimes I honestly didn't know why I cheated with her and not someone else at least a bit more intelligent.

"Well if you loved her you wouldn't have been seeing me," she replied, making me scoff once more at her and fall back into a nearby single chair. For once Sophie was right, but that didn't mean I agreed with her.

"Auburn was seeing someone else too, so it's not my fault," I whined like a child, as I closed my eyes and tried to keep the images of Auburn and that no good man she was now staying with out of my head. I wondered who he even was...

Without another thought, I gained the best idea ever and rushed up from my chair. Scurrying over into Auburn's make shift bedroom for the time she was in a cast, I scavenged the place for any leftover remains to figure out who this mystery guy was even. Nothing showed up, anywhere, until I checked her small nightstand beside her bed and noticed a small slip of paper stuck between some hinges inside.

"Yes!" I screeched, as I pulled the paper loose and unfolded it to see what was printed inside. It was a business card, with the name Liam Nicholson printed on the top as well as a home and work number below it. "Bingo..." I smirked, as I ran back to Sophie still in the living room and threw her the bent card. "That's him, I think. The guy she was seeing. She probably was too afraid of admitting her cheating ways so she ratted me out to get rid of her guilt," I told her, as she examined the card and tossed it back to me.

"What are you gonna do about it? Big hurray you know his name, but that doesn't do you any justice for her cheating on you with him and then leaving you for it, but blaming you for cheating instead." she noted, as she checked over her freshly painted pink nails from yesterday with a careful eye. Smiling, my brain developed another great idea and immediately I knew I had to get on it.

"Call his home number, Sophie. I have a plan..."

~Sorry its so short! Just wanted to leave it at that! Thanks for reading! Comment, vote, follow!(: ~