Sixteen: True Love

Sixteen

The blinding noise so close to my ears made me go slightly deaf for a while, as I stumbled back into the bed behind me and dropped the gun to the floor. Liam, who had seemed to not have been effected by the shot what-so-ever, came up to my side immediately.

"Auburn are you al-" I heard him say faintly, my ears still ringing. I can't believe I did that. I can't believe I did that. I kept telling myself, as I looked past Liam on my left to see Mason lying dead on the floor. Blood soaked around him in a pool that looked to be bottomless, as the bullet I had launched went straight through his chest.

"I killed Mason," I muttered out, not even knowing what I was saying in the moment. "I killed him," I said, turning to Liam who now looked over at the bloody mess as well. My hearing was coming back all in an instant then, as tears escaped my eyes in what could only be described as flowing streams.

Turning to look at my now balling self, Liam didn't hesitate before pulling me over into his lap and holding me tight. No words escaped his lips, yet he was helping, as I listened to the steady beat of his heart. I can't believe I did that. I thought once more to myself, digging my face deeper into Liam's chest and crying deeper into him. I knew I had to get out of this house, but my legs didn't want to move. So we sat together in harmony, listening as police sirens echoed throughout the neighborhood. Someone must have heard the gun shots.

"We should go," Liam whispered to me, as the sirens got louder upon most likely reaching the house we were in. Nodding my head, I still couldn't move a muscle, as tears continued to stream from my eyes.

However, Liam knew what was best and picked me up swiftly into his arms, carrying me out of the room like nothing else mattered. Being held by him was always nice, but being held by him in that instance was like nothing else. It wasn't just compassion and a kind heart he was showing, but something stronger than the both of us. Something that I knew no other guy in the world would or has had for me: true love.

And so, as he walked us both out into the streets, my head still nuzzled tight in his chest, I knew that what I had done was for the best. Mason might have been a good husband in his mind, but he definitely didn't have a chance compared to my Liam. Mason was greedy, a cheater, and a no good man. Liam was a kind, compassionate, and loving one. And I knew the latter in which I had chosen was the ultimate decision for me.

So in the end, when I had presumed all love had been forgotten, I was shown the light at the end of the tunnel and that love really did exist. You just had to let destiny do its thing.

--Two years later--

"Liam! Liam!" I screeched, before running out of our white tiled bathroom and jumping onto him who lied upon the couch. Smiling, he grabbed a hold of my waist so I wouldn't fall off him, and laughed a bit.

"Yes? What is it?" he questioned, rubbing my sides and smiling that glorious smile of his widely. Giggling uncontrollably, I had managed to hide my right hand behind my back as I sat on him and within the instant brought it out for him to see. Aside from the glimmering, white diamond ring planted on my finger that Liam had gave when he proposed to me, was a small pregnancy test locked in my hand. Smiling down at the small white stick, I read the directions once more and what the results would look like.

One stripe for not pregnant. Two stripes for pregnant.

"I just took this," I excited to him, looking back to his anxious face that still smiled. "And look..." I shook, nervous now for some reason that I was going to be showing him. Turning around the stick for him to see the results, I watched as his face turned from anxious to joy, before he put on the biggest smile I had ever seen and shouted at the top of his lungs.

"I can't believe it!" he excited, wiggling around on the couch and lifting me up into the air slightly. "You're pregnant!"

~Thanks for reading through this entire story! I will be editing it soon so look out for that! Vote, comment, follow!~