Part 1

Authors note: The fisrt few chapters aren't that intresting but once she meets Dante, it will get more intresting so just read and wait ;-)

I hope you guys like this story, I worked really hard on it :)

Vote and comment like your dear life is depending on it! ;D 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

Flashback:

'Mommy, daddy' I cried out. 'I want to see my parents!'. 'Shhhhh little one, if you cry any louder I'm sure the rogues will hear you and they show no mercy to anyone, am I clear?' I nodded but the tears didn't stop drowning on my face. My view was blurry but I couldn't possibly care any less. The only thing I could think about right now was the fear for my parents and my brother Jace to die. Never was I more scared  in my life than in that moment. I was about to lose almost anything I had and although I was little, I was clever enough to understand that. I heard a loud howl and the woman next to me bowed protectively over me. I hugged her and her dress became the tears I couldn’t keep inside.

After the howl it became silent and she let me go smoothly. I looked around like I saw this room for the very first time; I was disoriented because of all the crying. My eyes were red and swollen and my voice was raspy and felt raw and painful.

After the woman checked everything she concluded the coast was clear and she took me outside. I didn't say a thing. Naked, dead bodies were everywhere. Mostly men but also a few women. I felt like I didn't know how to breathe again but that feeling was nothing compared of the two naked bodies of my beloved parents, covered in blood. The woman tried to stop me from running to them but I quickly obviated her arm and ran towards my parents. The two persons I loved most, the two persons who took care of me... They were gone. I kneeled beside their dead bodies and hugged them as tight as I possibly could. I didn't care I was covered in blood, in their blood. All I could think of was the great loss of the two persons I loved most.

There was no time to wonder where my brother was as my uncle started walking towards me, no emotion spread on his features. He dragged me away and that was the last time I was in the Blue mountain pack territory as my uncle belonged to the Howling night pack. He didn't give me time to say goodbye or place a soft kiss on their foreheads. He just dragged me away, away from everything I ever loved. It was the beginning of a new life, a life from hell...

'Are you coming or not?' my uncle snapped at me. I nodded quietly with my eyes to the ground and followed him and Sarah quickly. Today was my nineteenth birthday and they hadn't even bothered to buy me a gift, let alone say 'happy birthday'. It hurt, like they didn't care for me, which they probably didn't. I sighed and fasted my walk, trying to keep up with them. I really wanted time to work out but I wasn't allowed to, they had so many things for me to do that I was more than happy to go to bed when it was nighttime.

The day Sarah figured out I wanted to work out she and uncle Troy started to make comments about my weight. And not just once, hell no! They enjoyed making me more and more insecure by the day. I was now at a point of not wanting to wear anything revealing anymore, to the joy of Sarah, whom always wanted the spotlights on herself. I wore black sweaters with the hood always covering my long dark brown hair and luckily people didn't pay attention at me most of the time.

It was a week ago when Sarah turned eighteen and the party was great. There was a DJ and she had tons of friends who where dancing on the dance floor or swimming in the pool. Not me, I had to be waitress that night and I had to tolerate the mean remarks by Sarah’s friends and some dudes who thought grabbing my ass was funny. It wasn't and I got punished later for kicking them in the balls but it just felt like the right thing to do at the moment. Sarah got very spoiled. Besides her very expensive birthday party she was allowed to use Troy’s credit card and buy any designer outfit she wanted to wear at the party. Of course she couldn't decide so she bought more than one outfit. I sighed; it was just so Sarah to do things like that. As cherry on top she got a golden necklace with a heart shaped pendant. It looked very expensive and knowing that Troy did everything for Sarah, it probably was.

I wasn't jealous at everything she got but at all the love she received. Her mom died at birth but her father gives her so much love it makes up for both of them. Both of them are the only family I've got left and it truly pained me that they didn't show the slightest affection towards me. They were mainly interested in power and that's why we were crossing all over the country in the hope Sarah and her beauty will win the heart of an alpha, or at least a beta. We only went by one pack and so far we didn't have any luck.

I hoped she would find her mate soon enough, I was already thinking of a way to get away from them and it would be easier if they had find a permanent settle, so they couldn't chase after me.

But for now, I had no choice but follow them wherever they went. First we brought a visit to the Flaming river pack with Alpha Ryan who hadn’t found his Luna yet.

Alpha Ryan was friendly enough to give us a room to stay for the night after he made clear Sarah wasn't his mate and he wasn't interested in just dating her.

I think he didn't like the whole idea of us travelling around the country to find Sarah her Alpha mate, it feels so wrong. But she made it pretty clear this is what she wanted. He couldn't forbid her because she is not from his pack but he didn't like it in the smallest bit.

Sarah and I had to share a room together and uncle Troy got a room for himself. After we put our stuff on the bed she started walking nervous trough the room mumbling things about there were five more unmated Alphas. She knew she was very pretty and there was a chance they would want her, even if she wasn't their mate. Although I didn't think they would like her character but most men only wanted someone pretty so I don't think that would be a problem.

I took my favorite book out of my bag and started reading from the beginning, again. I think I've read this book for about a hundredth times but I never seem to get enough of Alice in Wonderland. When I read, I am Alice at that moment. Far away from everything in the reality. I got the book from my mother and I absolutely loved it. Every time I read it I thought of her and it made my heart warm. You could take away everything from me, but not my precious book. She had written a few loving words on the first page and every time I read them there would be a cold shiver running through my body. I am not loved now but at least I used to be…

'Earth to Layla' I woke up from my reading trance and I looked up at Sarah who was waving with her hands for my view, trying to get my attention. 'Uhm I'm sorry Sarah. Is there anything I can do for you?' I asked politely while I put my book under my pillow. 'Yes of course there is something you could do for me you lazy pig!' she snapped at me. I was always a bit scared when she was in a state like this but I tried very hard not to show her, I wouldn't want to give her that piece of satisfaction

'I want you to get me a chocolate bar and I want you to give me your pillow. You can sleep without. Or even better: sleep on the floor, you don't deserve to sleep in a bed and especially not in a bed like this' she referred to the luxurious king size bed.  I nodded silently, took my book and put it in my bag. Then I stood up and made my way out of the room in the hope there would be shops nearby so I could buy some chocolate bars. Just in case, it seems she was on her period and when that happened you better had tons of chocolate nearby or she would make your life a living hell.

After I bought her the bars I walked all the way back. It was a good 10 minute walk but I didn't mind. I was alone and it gave me some time to get my head clear. I really, really wanted to get out of here. Now that we stayed in one of the guest rooms of Alpha Ryan, Troy couldn't beat me up when I did something wrong according to him. I was glad I was safe, for now. But we would be leaving tomorrow and it would take two days before we got to our next unmated alpha.

To be honest, the whole thing that was going on disgusted me but there was nothing I could do. Sarah didn't want me to do anything, she wanted this and that disgusted me even more. How could you sell yourself to the alphas just to gain power..?!

It was something I probably never am able to understand...

When I arrived at the huge mansion one of the pack members let me in. It took him a few seconds to realize who I was or maybe he was communicating with Alpha Ryan trough his mind link but he gave me a knowing look before he let me in.

After I gave Sarah her chocolate bars it seemed she couldn't help but make a remark about eating some bars before I got here. It would explain why I was so damn fat, according to her.

It hurts, her words always do and the fact they do and get to me hurts even more. After all those years I should have known better. I should have gotten a thicker skin. But I still haven't...