Part 7

Layla pov:

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Dante sitting beside me on the bed. When he saw I was awake he took me in his arms and I nuzzled myself against his chest. Neither of us said anything.

‘He’s my brother you know’ I broke the silence, trying to remover myself from his hold but he wouldn’t let me. I sighed and got comfortable against him again. I could almost hear his wolf purring about that.

‘He is the enemy’ he coldly said, no emotion in his voice.

I stiffened and this time Dante didn’t stop me when I tried to get out of his embrace. ‘How can you say that, so emotionless?’.

‘Our packs are having problems as long as I can remember. I hate them and so should you. They have hurt our pack, your pack. You’re their Luna now’

‘He is my brother’ a single tear found its way down to my cheek and Dante softly wiped it away.

‘I know’ he said, a mix of despair and anger clearly filling his voice.

‘We’ll talk about this later, for now I have other things to keep my mind occupied with’

I nodded and stood up to get Alice in wonderland out of my suitcase.

I sat down on the floor with my back leaning at the wall and I didn’t made any attempt to speak to Dante anymore. He watched me for a few more second before walking away, quietly closing the door behind him.

‘Layla, Layla’ a voice said while waving a hand in front of me, blocking the view of my book. ‘What?’ I snapped out of my trance.

‘It’s time for dinner’ Dante said disapprovingly because of the tone I’d used.

‘I’m not hungry’ I stated and I started reading the page where I was before he distracted me.

He didn’t expect my attitude but guess what? This is what you get if you refuse to let me go or at least let me visit my brother.

He sighed in defeat and walked out of the room only to return ten minutes later with a plate full of food and a carafe water.

Although I could smell the food and my stomach was craving some, I chose to ignore him and his stupid food and lose myself in the book again.

Two days since then had gone by and Dante tried to make me eat every few hours but I just ignored him and continued reading one of  my books. I figured the silence treatment would be worse than an argument with him so I ignored him.

My wolf was howling from sadness, she couldn’t cope with the fact that I was ignoring our mate. She wanted to be with him and so did I. But not before he reversed his earlier statement about not visiting my brother.

Dante walked into the room again and again I didn’t pay any attention at his presence. He closed the door what caused me to look up. Okay, this was new…

‘Layla we need to talk’ he said while sitting down across from me. I didn’t say a word, I just looked at him.

‘You haven’t eaten in three days, this isn’t funny anymore. Please start eating again’ his voice sounded worried.

‘The silence between us is also killing me’ he softly added and he looked hurt. My wolf whimpered at that and I immediately felt guilty. I missed him too, there was almost nothing that I want more than throwing myself in his arms and make it up to him.

Almost.

I stayed silent and just looked at him.

‘Therefore I have decided that you can have phone contact with your brother’. He didn’t look happy with that and I didn’t get fully what I wanted but at least there was a midway. I knew it must be hard for him to make a decision like this, although I still wanted to be able to see my brother while I speak to him.