f i v e

THIS IS A LONG CHAPTER. L O N G. be excited because theres a special someone in this chap:)

--

Sunday was probably the most pointless day of my life. After getting home at 2am Saturday night, we ended up getting to bed at 4am because Noa, Beth and I couldn't stop talking. We woke up around 1:30pm the next day with pounding headaches and forced ourselves to watch all of high school musical on Netflix. The screen most likely made our headaches worse, but Corbin Bleu was worth it.

My alarm luckily woke me up this morning, although I made two just incase. I got myself ready without rushing myself and made some cereal too. I left the house on time and made it to work on time excited for whatever job I'll be test subbing for.

When I walk into the building I'm greeted by Julie, again.

"Are you ready for today Emma?" Julie smiles, which is something she doesn't do often.

"Of course." I smile back, and she nods.

"Well, would you like to know which job I'll be subbing you for today?" She asks, obviously knowing my answer as I nod my head rapidly. "You'll be subbing as Angela's assistant." She tells me, and I almost faint. Of course being someone's assistant isn't the biggest accomplishment in the world, but going from answering calls to working for an actual event planner is a pretty big deal here.

"That's, wow." I say in shock. Julie chuckles lightly at my loss of words. "Thank you so much, Julie." I gawked.

"This doesn't mean you have the job, you know that Emma." She warns, crossing her arms. I must be looking a little too excited right now.

"I know, but thank you so much for the opportunity." I smile, and Julie returns it. She walks me to Angela's office and I introduce myself to her. Julie tells Angela to just pretend I'm her normal assistant and do nothing differently. Julia leaves soon after, leaving Angela and myself alone.

"Alright Emma, I want you to have a conference with Tessa Monroe, here's her information." She orders, placing a tiny paper folder in front of me. "She wants to have a big event and it's important that she chooses us, so you need to go above and beyond to convince her. Understood?"

"Yes, of course." I nod. Angela smiles as I take the folder of information.

"On your way back make a copy of these." She tells me, handing me a stack of paper. I put them on top of the folder and take the elevator down to the main floor to find Tessa.

"Tessa Monroe?" I call to the crowd of people waiting. A woman gets up and walks towards me, reaching a hand out.

"Hi, I'm Tessa." She smiles as I shake her hand.

"Hi Tessa, I'm Emma, Angela's assistant, and I'll be having the conference with you today." I smile, and she nods. We walk to one of the conference rooms, and she takes a seat at the table. I take my seat and pull out her folder and information.

"Okay, so I see that you're planning on choosing us or Nolan's for your event. Is this correct?" I confirm. Nolan's Planning Agency is one of our biggest competitors, but we usually get most clients.

"Yes." She nods.

"Alright. I'm going to explain to you why we would be a better choice, and then I'll answer any questions you have." I smile, and Tessa nods again.

--

After the extremely long conference I make my way to the copy room. I'm 99% sure that I swayed Tessa into choosing us, and I hope I did. It takes about ten minutes to copy all of the files, but once I finish I walk back to Angela's office to see her typing away on her computer.