M2-Part VIII

Rays of morning's light escaped through the blinds into the room, it formed layers of white across the walls and objects. Unusual as it seemed, the night had been warm although a not-so-cozy experience, especially when every turn they made had them bumping into each other's face and at some point, Henry had fallen off the bed in an attempt to get as far off as he could from Chris' snoring which turned up a notch louder than normal-poor boy, must've been all that running.

The environment was blurred at first as Henry's eye lids opened and then seconds later, things happened to come into perspective. It took him a moment before he finally remembered where he was and how he had gotten there- pieces of the previous night came into his head once again, making him heave heavily. He walked over to the window and opened the blinds, his eyes narrowed at the flooding in of day's light.

A knock was heard on the door, Henry walked over to answer it. Alex stood at the door, still in her pajamas, her hair stood on its end and she quite looked a bit different without make-ups.

"Dad'll be ready for work-" she stopped sharply and rolled her eyes, "-school I meant- in twenty minutes. You just might want to-" Chris grunted abruptly, making Alex pause again while she peeked through the partly open door to see Chris roll over to his back quite unaware of her presence, "-get set for school." She turned to leave already before halting at the stair way, "breakfast??"

Henry shook his head lightly and then swallowed, "No, we're good."

Without another word, the young miss hurried down the stairs and Henry closed the door gently.

"You didn't just refuse breakfast, right?" Chris mumbled drowsily from the bed, he rolled to his sides to face Henry who had taken off his shirt already, about to head to the bathroom.

"Get your ass out of bed already," Henry replied as he tossed the shirt to the bed, "long day ahead."

Chris rolled out of bed sluggishly and then palmed his face with both hands while he yawned, "You didn't have to remind you know."

Henry left for the bathroom later on, giving Chris enough room to reminisce on the previous day's events. He could feel himself get drowned in a sea of thoughts about what they were facing at that point. For some reason, he couldn't make the slightest meaning out of it and it worried him the more. At first it was the appearances, and then the librarian gets killed by this thing, his roommate gets hospitalized all of a sudden and Mr. Parker seemed to know something about what it was all about.

Henry returned from the bathroom a few minutes later, his body was covered in droplets of water dripping down. He gave a sharp heave and then walked over to the bed where he had thrown his cloths. Chris on the other hand remained there with his eye, hovering all about his friend.

"Are you gonna skip bathing?" Henry asked as he noticed his friend's absurd look at him.

"How'd it go?" Chris asked.

Henry raised an eyebrow, quite confused about the question, "What?"

"The shower," Chris said, "nothing..."he rolled his hand in a circular motion and then clasped them lightly, "...you know, strange?"

Henry stood upright and threw his hands to his sides; he gave Chris a closer look, wondering if this whole thing had started having an effect on him. Chris read meaning to the look; he rose from the bed and without a word, pulled off his cloths and walked numbly in the bathroom's direction.

Chris entered the bathroom, a small confined area with a shower hanging about 6ft. high behind the flowery shower curtain. There was a toilet and then a white sink with drops of water falling off the tap attached on it and above hung a mirror on the half tiled walls. The door jammed lightly as Chris let go of it, he took a deep breath...everything's fine, he thought to himself.