Paulo Coelho

"Tears are words that need to be written."

~

"The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion."

~

"I believe that each reader creates his own film inside his head, gives faces to the characters, constructs every scene, hears the voices, smells the smells. And that is why, whenever a reader goes to see a film based on a novel that he likes, he leaves feeling disappointed, saying: The book is so much better than the film."

~

"I write from my soul. This is the reason that critics don't hurt me, because it is me. If it was not me, if I was pretending to be someone else, then this could unbalance my world, but I know who I am."

~

"Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience."

~

"Writing means sharing. It's part of the human condition to want to share things, thoughts, ideas, opinions."

~

"Talent is a universal gift, but it takes a lot of courage to use it. Don't be afraid to be the best."

~

"If you only walk on sunny days, you will never reach your destination."

~

"Write down everything you are feeling. Take it out of your soul, put it on paper, then throw it away."

~

"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal."

~

"One day, you will wake up and there won't be anymore time to do the things you've always wanted. Do it now."

~

"The reward of our work is not what we get, but what we become."

~

"I write to empty my mind and fill my heart."

~

"Impossible is just an opinion."

~

"Art is an adventure into an unknown world, which can be explored only by those willing to take risks."

~

"Imagine a new story for your life and start living it."

~

"Writing is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering."

~

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of getting naked in public."

~

"If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule: Never lie to yourself."

~

"Do something instead of killing time. Because time is killing you."

~

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

~

"You will never be able to escape from your heart. So, it's better to listen to what it has to say."

~

"The simple things are also the most extraordinary things and only the wise can see them."

~

"It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it; what matters is to leave behind us in the past those moments in life that are over."