Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

"You can't write a script in your mind and then force yourself to follow it. You have to let yourself be."

~

"Power is the ability not just to tell the story of another person but to make it the definitive story of that person."

~

"I think you travel to search and you comeback to find yourself there."

~

"An audience or a possibility of an audience moves writing from a private to a public space. I have often been asked who my audience is, who I write for. And the most honest answer is that I really do not know, because I never consciously think of audience while writing fiction... Perhaps a more comprehensible answer about who my audience is, is that I write the kind of fiction I like to read. So I write for whoever enjoys the kind of fiction I enjoy."

~

"The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the one story."

~

"I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood."

~

"The best novels are those that are important without being like medecine; they have something to say, are expensive and intelligent but never forget to be entertaining and to have character and emotion at their centre."

~