Oscar Wilde

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."

~

"A writer is someone who has taught his mind to misbehave."

~

"Words! Mere Words! How terribly they were! How clear, and vivid and cruel! Once could not escape from them. And yet what a subtle magic there was in them! They seemed to be able to give a plastic form to formless things, and to have a music of their own as sweet as that of viol or lute. Mere words! Was there anything so real as words?"

~

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

~

"Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes."

~

"The imagination imitates. It is the critical that create."

~

"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again."

~

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."

~

They are always asking a writer why he does not write like somebody else, or a painter why he does not paint like somebody else, quite oblivious of the fact that If either of them did anything of the kind he would cease to be an artist."

~

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

~

"There is no such things as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written."