Ch.7

Adán Morales was just as his name suggested.  All man.

In all my life, I had never met anyone like him.

As those coal black eyes stared into mine, I suddenly felt self conscious.

It was as if I didn't even have to say anything.

He knew me. That was the scary part. He knew me emotionally and physically- every inch of me.

I couldn't help comparing his features to Dylan's. it was such a contrast.

Yes,Dylan had a wonderful tan, but it was no where near Adán's exotic caramel color.

I never realized how lucky I was to have been able to run my fingers through those thick, curly black locks.

I had no right to be reminiscing after what I did to him.

As Grams and I approached the table, I averted my eyes, but I could still feel his gaze on me.

"Lexi, darling! How are you, my love?", His Tia Anita stood up to give me a hug.

"I'm doing great. How are you? How's Carlos?" I asked.

"Chica, Carlos is old news. I've switched nationalities, it's all about Jean-Pierre" she turned to Grams with a knowing look and chuckled.

I swear those two are some serious freaks. Always going to "book clubs" late at night and those BDSM books I found tucked under Grams' bed.

"Tia, perhaps Alexandra may want to sit" Adán gently chided his aunt.

Just hearing my name roll off his tongue caused flashbacks of things that those perverted old ladies would wish that they could indulge in.

He stood up and pulled out my chair which was conveniently next to his.

I timidly sat down and proceeded to give my menu my undivided attention.

Throughout the meal Grams tried to pry my input into the conservation.

I was just trying hard to keep my bearings while feeling his body heat emanating off of him.

"Hellooo! Lexi!" Grams snapped me out of my daze.

"Oh...ye-es.... um.. I'm sorry I didn't hear that." I mumbled a quick apology.

Grams rolled her eyes. "Adán was just commenting on how much Ariana misses you."

My face lit up. "Oh really? I miss her too!" I turned to Adán. " How is she? Where is she?"

I was so caught up with ignoring him that I forgot to ask about her.

Those coal black eyes turned to me. I could see the pride in them as he spoke about his daughter. She really was the sweetest thing. 

" Wait! What do you mean you're enrolling her here?" I glanced around the table to see if anyone else was as shocked as me. Those two ladies had crap-eating grins on their faces.

If he's enrolling her here, that can only mean that he's moving back.

How the heck am I supposed to seduce Dylan with Adán affecting me like this. No doubt Grams and Anita will do everything in their endeavor to get me back with him.

I doubt he would even want me back after the pain that I caused him.

I've finally reached the point where Dylan was somewhat responding to me, and I couldn't afford to let the past get in the way.