Ch.8

As reluctant as I was to say goodbye to Grams, her insistence on pushing me together with him was becoming a tad bit ridiculous.

Maybe if she knew what I did and how I had hurt him, she would not persist. I was too ashamed to tell her the details.

My guilt had a strong part to play in that. I really hadn't expected to see him.

I didn't expect my body to betray me like that.

************************************

Business trips.

Sparks.

Hooking up with the boss.

Cliché.

At least that's what I was hoping.

When I remembered about the business trip Dylan and I have to take to Miami, I took it as a sign.

Screw Adán(ohh I wish).

I could finally make the big move on Dylan. I know I still want him. I'm convinced that I love him. I believe I deserve him. For some strange reason it seems as if I'm trying to convince myself.

I blame Adán for all my troubles in life.

************************************

Currently, I'm in a large suite at the Ritz-Carlton slightly irritated.

The ass of a receptionist messed up our reservations.

There was this huge ungodly partition between Dylan and I. Yea yea there was a door, but how "accidental" would it be to drop my towel and then open the door and walk into his side.

While wallowing in my pity, Dylan knocked and came in.

" We have... uhm...a slight change of plans." He said slowly an cautiously.

I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. "What is it?"

"Well the thing is... I know we were gonna have a meeting tomorrow, but Gregory contacted me and said that Mr.Gomez would like to have a quick dinner with us."

"Oh...well that's okay, I'll just see what I have to wear." I started getting up.

Dylan coughed an mumbled something behind me. I spun around.

"What did you just say?"

He scratched his head."It's formal dinner."

"The hell it is!" I shouted at him.

I started panicking. "I don't have a dress."

Dylan walked towards me and placed his hands on my shoulder. He calmly spoke to me, "It's okay. We'll figure it out. Although... As my PA, you should always be prepared, but I'll let you off the hook this time."

I looked up to see him trying to keep a serious face.

I hit him. "You are such an ass." He started laughing. "You should have seen your face."

"Ha ha. Seriously, what should I do?"

He finally stopped laughing. "Don't worry, I got it covered."

It was my turn to laugh. "You...you got it covered." I said between laughs.

He got serious and stepped towards me. I was laughing so hard that I was crying. He stretched out his hand and gently wiped away a stray tear, but his hand lingered on my face, stroking my cheek.

He spoke in a low husky voice,"I haven't seen you laugh like that in a while. To be exact since I met Chr.....never mind."

He pulled away his hand. "You should probably get ready, dinner is at 7:30."

And with that he left.

An hour later, as I stood in front of the mirror in my dress. I smiled. He definitely "got it covered".