Chapter 49: Sick

Before first period, Sam approached me with a worried face. "What's the matter Sam?"

"Chris is late! I wonder what's taking him?"

"Well, maybe he's going to be absent or woke up late?"

"Guuhhhh... What if Jenny's killing him right now?" she became even more worried.

"Jenny's late, but that doesn't mean she'd kill him..."

"Just be patient..."

"G'morning girl friends~!" Jenny pounced on us.

"Did you kill Chris?!?!?!!" Sam freaked out, but had a tinge of joke in it.

"Wha-?! Stop it with your obsession Sam! I wouldn't do that even if I wanted to..." she muttered the last sentence.

"So you hate him?!!"

"No! What is with you?"

"Stop your worrying, he's here." said Mae as she pointed to the door.

Chris had just gotten in the room and he doesn't look too well. "Yay~! He's here!" Sam said as she skipped back to her seat.

The three of us were left with arched eyebrows and tilted heads in confusion. Sam's obsession of Chris can be creepy sometimes... But hey, I still love the girl...

After second period, we waited for our next teacher to come in. Me and Mae then had a little chat, since she was seated in front of me. Chris, who was seated beside Mae, told us that his head was hurting like hell, and he teased us with puking actions.

"What? Have you been drinking out late at night or something?" I joked.

"Yeah... With some friends from grade school." he said, followed by a groan.

Wait. What? I was right?

"Pfft! You're joking..." I brush it aside.

"Ask Mae." he told me flatly.

"Did he, Mae?" I turned to her.

She nodded, "Yeah, it was late too! He texted me at maybe ten o' clock or so... I don't know why, but he just said he went drinking for some reason."

I then turned to face him, pouting, "Why didn't you text me?" It was a first for me, usually I'd be the first one he'd inform in these kinds of situations, but I felt sad that he told Mae first instead of me. Gah! Jade... Ur just a friend... Stop acting like your his girlfriend!

The scenario where me and Chris did a pinky swear and touched thumbs then came into mind. No! No! No! Stop it!

"Sorry I didn't tell you first. I did think about it, and thought that you would have the same reaction as you gave me earlier. So, that's why I texted Mae first."

I pouted, "You have a point." Chris then groaned in a very painful manner. He really has a headache. I wonder if that's called a hangover? "Go to the infirmary Chris!" I told him.

"Nah... I can get by... I need to attend Fourth period Science..." he forced himself.

"Don't mind that! If it really hurts, just go to the infirmary! Besides, next period is still Home Economics..."

"You didn't finish your Science assignment yet, did you?" asked Mae. Chris looked at her, then away and nodded once. "I knew it. I'll do it for you, so you can go to the infirmary."

"Th-Thanks Mae."

"Don't mention it..."

Then he turned to me, "Can you accompany me to the infirmary, Jade?"