No reason

I opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings.  The walls were too white, and the room was tiny.  I tried adjusting my body on what I was lying on.  I groaned in pain.  I was in the hospital.  I was hooked up to countless IV’s, and the beeping of the heart machine assure me that my heart was still beating.  All the memories came pouring back in, Kale and Aaron.  “Aaron,” I whispered and tried to get up.  I was restricted by these IV’s.  The doctor came rushing in, and began to calm me down.  Followed by the doctor were my mother and Hayden.  “Mom, you have to get me out of here!” I cried and struggled some more.  The doctor held down my arms, “Jenny, you need to calm down.” He repeated several times soothingly.  My insides were about to jump out of my stomach.  I grasped my chest as sharp pains began to shoot through it like knives.

                My mom came and sat next to me as the doctor left to get me some medication.  “Where is he?  Is he okay?”  I looked to Hayden, and he looked like he had been crying.  My mom’s eyes began to water as she spoke, “He’s not doing well, Jenny.  He’s in critical condition.”

                “He’s in a coma, J.” Hayden added, close to tears himself.

I began sobbing myself, putting my face in my hands.  “This is all my fault!”  I repeated it enough to convince myself.  It was my fault.  All of it.

                “When is he going to wake up?” I spoke through sobs.

My mom shook her head, “They don’t know.  It could be weeks, months, years or—”

                “Mom!” Hayden yelled, cutting her off.

                “Or what?” I glanced between her and Hayden.

She took a deep breath, “There’s a possibility he won’t wake up, Jenny.”

That broke me, “No, no, no!”  Aaron had to wake up.  He needed to wake up.  He’s going to pull through, that’s Aaron.  He’s always okay.  He’ll be okay.

                Hayden sat beside, pulling me onto his lap.  I buried my face in his chest, sobbing quietly.  I felt Hayden jerk a few times, and he was crying as well.  I felt one of his tears trickle down my cheek.   Hayden crying made me cry even harder.  “He’s going to be okay.” Hayden whispered in between sobs.  I know he’ll be okay.  He has to be okay.

“I brought you some food.” Hayden smirked while stepping through the door, holding a bag of Chinese food.  I smiled as he sat next to me.  He fished through the bag, handing me my food.  “Oh, and I got you this.” He grabbed something out of the bag and handed it to me.  It was the last book of the Harry Potter series.  The only one I needed to finish my collection, and the last one I needed to read.  “Thank you.  For the food and the book.” I smiled.  “Just pulling through for you.” He returned the smile.

“So how long was I out?” I asked while shoving food into my mouth.

He had to think about it, “A good three days.”

                “What?” I was shocked.

                “Yeah, you were out for a while.”

I frowned, “When can I see Aaron?”

Hayden sighed, and shook his head, “When you're well again.” He sounded annoyed.

                “I am better.  I just want to see him.”

He looked at me, “I know, Jenny.  I just don’t think it’s a good idea.”

                “Why not?”

He stood up quickly, getting even more annoyed, “Because!” he yelled, “Because it’s not going to be easy for you to see him like that.” He lowered his voice.

                “But I want to see him.” I said quietly.

Just then, the door opened and Kale stepped in.  Hayden quickly ran up to him, wrapping his fingers around his throat, slamming him into the wall.  “You stay the hell away from my sister!”  Kale pushed Hayden off, “Chill out!  I came to apologize.” He fixed his shirt, and made his way to the side of my bed.  I cowered away from him.  He’s too violent, and it scares me.  “You have a lot of nerve coming here.” I said, looking straight into his eyes.  He had to turn away after a few seconds, “I know.  I just wanted to let you know that I’m sorry.  I love you—”

                “Love?  You don’t even know what that means!  Don’t you dare say that to me!”

                “Jenny, you need to understand—”

I threw my head back, “I don’t have to understand anything!  The only thing I know is that Aaron and half dead, and it’s your fault!”

                “I’m so sorry.  I can’t say it enough.  I didn’t mean to.  My anger gets the best of me sometimes.  I’m really sorry, Jenny.  From the bottom of my heart.”

I turned my head to look at him, my eyes filling with tears.  I drew my hand back, leaving a smack across his face, “How could you do this to me?” I screamed through gritting teeth.  I pushed him away from me, and began to cry again.  “Just get away from me.  I never want to see you again, Kale.”

                He sighed, and I felt him get up from the bed.  I heard the door open and close.  “I hate him.” I whispered to Hayden.  “You have every right to, J.  I knew something was wrong with that guy.”

I nodded, “He was too good to be true.”

I’m going home today, thank god.  I can’t handle this hospital.  As I got into the front seat of my mom’s Kia, It really hit me.  I wanted to see Aaron so bad.  They still won’t let me see him.  They don’t think I’m ready.  I’m going to see him sooner or later.  More sooner than later.  I can’t stand the anticipation.  It’s causing anxiety.  I miss him so much.  Every single day without fail.  I just want to see him, that’s all I ask.

                My mom pulled into the driveway, and quickly got out and met me at my side.  She helped me out of the car, and up to my room.  In my room was filled with flowers from everyone.  I smiled a little at the sight.  And waiting for me on my bed, was Lea, a stack of movies, and a lot of junk food.  She ran up to me, pulling me into a tight hug, sobbing into my shirt.  “Thank god you’re okay!” she exclaimed.  She pulled away, and gave me a smile through her tears.  “Me too.” I smiled.  She rushed to my bed, waving her hands in the direction of all the items.  “I’m going to be keeping you company until you go back to school.” She smiled bigger.

I nodded, “Sounds like a plan.” I smiled.

Boring, short ass chapter.  I'm sorry. :(  I will be updating again tomorrow, and this chapter will be a HUGE filler.  You will find out the story behind Aaron saving Jenny and whatnot, aha.  I've lost many fans because of my lack of update, :/  I'm sorry, once again.  But thank you to the ones that have been with me from the beginning, :)  Love you guys, <333