That Didn't Last Long

Not wanting to, I fell back asleep where my head rested on his chest. The sound of his heart beat was soothing and relaxing for some odd reason. I always thought of Aaron as, heartless, a coward, or a player. Never someone I thought was able to love or develop feelings for something that walks and breathes besides himself...

I woke up from the sound of gun shots and things blowing up. Aaron's warmth was gone from below me. I had my face down in my pillow. I should have kicked him out last night. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I stumbled out of bed, and started down the stairs. The house was actually cleaned. I know neither dumb nor dumber did anything that involves picking something up unless it's an Xbox controller. I hated guys and their obsession with Call of Duty, or Halo. I see no point to any of it.

I walked in the living room, and there they were. It seems like everything had gone back to normal. Aaron here with my annoying pet monkey, blowing crap up. I walked, and stood in the middle of the TV so they couldn't see what they were doing. "Jenny, move!" my brother hollered and tried to see around me. Aaron laughed and nodded in agreement. "Did you make Martha clean this mess up on her day off?  You're an ass."

"Ohhh, you said ass." Aaron laughed. Real mature. I still stood there until Hayden paused the game. He glared at me for a second before he spoke, "Martha said she would take care of it." He stated.

"It's her day off. You are so selfish."

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Aaron muttered with a chuckle.

"Maybe because you were on my good side."

Hayden laughed, "I forgot about that. How did you sleep last night?" he turned to Aaron whose face was flushed with pink. "Can you please move, Jenny?" Hayden asked again.

Instead of moving like Hayden asked, I reached around the TV and unplugged it and the Xbox. They groaned, but I just laughed. "Shouldn't have made Martha clean up your mess!" I yelled as I walked out of the room. I walked in the kitchen, and it looks like Martha had already been here. It was just as shiny and spotless as it was yesterday before my brother hit. I ate a bowl of cereal and started back up the stairs. I walked in my bedroom, and grabbed some clothes before heading to the bathroom for a shower.

I feel refreshed and have the stench of Aaron off of me. I can't believe I slept in the same bed as him. It was bad enough I was curled up on the couch with him a week ago. Now he acts as if nothing happened. Like he didn't kiss me...twice! Like he didn't hold me while I slept. Like he had nothing to tell me whatsoever. I am becoming very impatient with Shadows.

I stayed up in my room for a few hours, until we were ready to leave to go bowling at Coquina Lanes. While the boys waited in the car with Lea and her boyfriend, Cody, I walked over to Kale's house to get him. I knocked twice, and in seconds the door opened. A beautiful girl, with long blond hair, framing her perfect face. She looks just like Kale. "Um, hi. Is Kale home?" I asked nervously. I don't want this chick to end up being his girlfriend or something. She smiled, "Yeah, may I ask who you are?"

"Jenny. I'm a friend of his."

She smiled wider, "Jenny! Kale talks about you non-stop. I'm Nina, his twin." She held out her hand and I shook it.

I blushed, "Nice to meet you."

She yelled for Kale, and I saw him jogging down the steps, looking like he just stepped out of a magazine.

He gave me a smile as he stepped in front of Nina. "I'll be home later." He muttered to her. She nodded and shut the door as Kale exited. He grabbed my hand as we walked to the car. I could feel the sweat beading on my palms, telling him he makes me nervous. Which he does. We climbed in the back of Hayden's black Navigator and Hayden pulled out. We were sitting alone in the far back, and Lea and Cody are in the middle, and Aaron is in the passenger seat.