I want to leave

I glanced between the two.  I gave Kale a glare, and turned to face Aaron.  “Why would you do that?”

He looked down at me, and gave me a shrug.  “I need to talk to him.”

                “About what?”

Aaron looked down at me, “Just things that need to be talked about.”

I shook my head.  “You have nothing to talk about.”

                “Or we do have something to talk about.”  Kale interrupted.  I turned around, facing Kale now.  “What are you trying to accomplish here?”

                “Aaron is the one that wants to talk.  It’s just convenient for me.”

                “Of course it is.”  I turned my back to Kale again, facing Aaron.  “You don’t have to do this, Aaron.”

He nodded.  “I really do need to talk to him.”  He leaned down, pressing his lips to my cheek.

He pulled away slightly, staring in my eyes.  “You really are an idiot.” I mumbled.

He smirked.  “I know.”  He kissed me, and stepped away from me.  “I’ll see you for bed.”  He brushed a hand across my cheek, and followed Kale out the front door.  I watched the door close after Aaron, and I just stood there, staring after him. 

It was safe to say I was worried.  I was worried about what Kale might say to Aaron about anything that’s happened between us.  There was no excuse for my actions.  I’m taking full responsibility for them.  I just wonder.  I wonder if what Lea had said was true.  If I was to tell Aaron about what happened on the beach that night, if we would work through it.  If he loves me enough to work through it.  I can’t lose Aaron.  I thought I had lost him, but I think this might just drive him away completely.  I don’t want to hurt him.  I’m already hurting him, and he doesn’t even know it.  I don’t want to be the one to break him completely.

I found Lea dancing with Hayden in the crowd, and I could tell both of them were pretty drunk.  They both grasped a pretty read plastic cup, tipping it to their mouths occasionally.  Along with every other person here.  Getting anxious about Aaron and Kale’s conversation, I rushed upstairs.  I walked into my room, gazing out my window.  There weren’t many people by the pool, none of which were Aaron or Kale.  I walked out of my room and across the hall to Hayden’s room.  I opened the door, and walked to the other side.  I opened the curtains, to get a view of the front of the house.  There stood Aaron and Kale, deep in conversation.

                I couldn’t hear anything they were saying.  I closed the bedroom door quickly, and walked back to the window.  I opened it a little, hoping I could hear something.  Aaron’s voice was the first I heard, “I just can’t believe you would do something like that.  Well, actually, I can.”

Silence.

                “She didn’t deserve that—”

                “I know,” Kale said. “I know she hates me—”

                “Of course she does.  And I don’t blame her.  I kind of hate you too.”

Kale stood with his hands in his pockets.  Kale knows I don’t hate him, even though I should.  Like I said, he should hate me too.  “It’s not true, is it?”  Aaron spoke softly, and unsurely.

I couldn’t see Kale’s expression, but he took a step back.  “Not all of it.”

Aaron hesitated.  “What do you mean, not all of it?” You could hear a hint of anger in his voice.