Following

Chapter Twelve

Cate arrived back at 221 Baker Street, and she fumbled her keys out of her pocket. She stepped into the dark hall and made her way to Mrs Hudson's flat.

"Mrs Hudson! I'm back." Mrs Hudson swung open the door and gave Cate a hug and swung her around a bit as she did so.

"I meant to hug you earlier, but you were running off to see a murder before I could do anything." Mrs Hudson smiled.

"Sorry about that earlier, Mrs Hudson. I was just a little over-excited, first I'm out of the hospital then before I even reach my apartment there's a crime literally at my doorstep." Mrs Hudson smiled and finally let go of Cate.

"Do you want to come in for some tea?"

"It's Thursday though Mrs Hudson, I've got to go for my session."

"It starts at five, doesn't it? You've got plenty of time." Before Cate could get another word in, Mrs Hudson took her arm and pulled her towards the apartment. 'You've lost a bit of weight, dear, hospital food is never nice. I should know. I have a few biscuits left over, would you like one with your tea?"

"Yes, please." Mrs Hudson nodded and started boiling some water in the kettle. "Mrs Hudson, where's my laptop?"

"It's over by the cupboards."

"Thanks for taking it earlier Mrs Hudson. I'm just going to quickly take it downstairs so it doesn't clutter up your apartment."

"Cate, it's not an elephant, it barely takes up any space. But if you want to take it downstairs while the kettle boils, you can take it down."

"I'll be back up in a minute." Cate walked over to the cupboards where her laptop sat and picked it up, frowning.

Sherlock's case feels so familiar. It's like déjà vu. A metal burning substance, causing peoples' deaths. Why do I feel like I've heard this case before? Doesn't matter, it's not important for now. Just concentrate on the hack. People are so stupid to not protect their personal information better.

--

Twenty minutes later, Cate was back outside, her hands deep in her pockets and a grey backpack. Sherlock stubbed out his third cigarette on a nearby bin and waited until she was a reasonable distance away from him before he started to follow her. She turned a corner, he quickly paced after her and stopped. He put up his collar to mask his features a bit more then proceeded to walk out onto the main road and follow her. Some people were filing out of Baker Street station and even more were going in. Cate was one of the many that went in. Sherlock quickened his pace and followed her into the station where he then lost sight of her. He quickly scanned the entrances to the different tube lines but still could not see a sign of her. She was short enough to be lost in the crowd of business men and women charging through the ticket barriers. There was no use in following her now. It would be a waste of time, there were too many different trains she could have got on and there were too many people in the way.

--

I GIVE YOU ALL PERMISSION TO TORTURE ME IN ANY WAY YOU LIKE. IT HAS BEEN SIX MONTHS. AND I HATE MYSELF. I'M SO SORRY. LIFE GOT IN THE WAY. THEN RECENTLY I DECIDED TO START POSTING AGAIN ON MY BLOG, WHICH I ALSO HADN'T TOUCHED IN AGES. BUT NOW I AM DEFINITELY BACK AND I WILL BE POSTING MORE. I'VE FOUND A WAY TO POST WITHOUT MY PARENTS FINDING OUT. SO EXPECT MORE UPDATES. HOPEFULLY. THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR ALL THE READS AND COMMENTS, I LITERALLY LOGGED ON TODAY (I HADN'T LOGGED ON IN ABOUT FOUR MONTHS...) AND THERE WERE LIKE HUNDREDS OF NOTIFICATIONS. AND I ALMOST CRIED. I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT MANY READS OR LIKES OR COMMENTS SINCE I BASICALLY DIED ON WATTPAD. SO THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. AND THIS IS DEDICATED TO GUMMIBEARJAMEU, BECAUSE I WANTED TO GIVE A BETTER BIRTHDAY PRESENT.

LATERZ!

anonymouse8

The Consulting Hackerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें