Chapter 4

He was a bit bloody, but besides bruises, he didn't look like he would die. He was still concious so I helped him up and decided to take him to my house since it was not far away.

As we got closer I felt like I was going to fall over. This kid must have weighed a ton and I wasn't very strong. We got to my house, and I tried to keep him around me while opening the door. It was apparent that he got beat up badly.

I set him down on the couch, and wiped the sweat from my face. He looked even worse in the light, and I let my eyes linger on the cuts and bruises, sort of in shock. I just saw him get jumped and this was probably the most intense thing I've witnessed in my life. My life wasn't filled with anything crazy.

I pulled my eyes away and went for my phone, I started to dial the digits with shaking fingers when Clyde breathed, "Don't call anyone."

"I'm only calling the police." I looked at him, with his eyes still closed on the couch.

"Don't." He basically growled from his place on the couch, "I'm fine."

"Okay, well let's clean you up at least." I dropped my phone, despite my better judgement and went to help him up.

We made our way to the bathroom and then out of nowhere we were falling. I hit my head on the hardwood floor and yelped in pain. I rubbed the spot that I knew would bruise and checked to see what happened.

And then when I failed to get up, it hit me. Clyde passed out. On top of me. I was already weak from walking him home, and a passed out body weighed like 2 tons. With all my might I crawled out from under him laying beside him tired and with a growing headache.

When I caught my breath, I flipped Clyde over and grabbed his arms, dragging him to my bathroom. Halfway there I looked in a mirror and became hysterical. It looked like I was dragging a dead body across my floor. The blood and the passed out body did not help.

I fell to the floor and thought I would die of laughter. I blame the bump and the situation making me go slightly insane. Pulling myself together, I got back up and groaned as I had to continue to pull him into my bathroom.

When we made it, or rather, when I made it, I sat him on the floor, not bothering to get him on the toilet. He was completely out and I placed my fingers on his wrist to make sure he was indeed alive. Thank goodness he was.

His white tee had a few blood and dirt stains so I decided I should pull that off of him. And when it was off, I saw clearly why this kid was so heavy. His chest was so chisled and musclely, I couldn't help but stare. His body was nicely tanned, and he had an entire 8-pack, his arms made him look like a wrestler. However at the same time, he wasn't very big. He was strong but also thin which gave him a unique beauty.

I blushed and looked away. He had a beautiful body! Not that I thought he was beautiful. I was so glad he was passed out. I grabbed a dark rag and soaked it in cold water. I gently cleaned off the blood from his face and some that has soaken through his shirt to his chest.

When he was done, I checked my work and all he had was cuts and bruises left on his face, and some starting to turn purple on his abs. Looking at his face he looked so peaceful. Even passed out, he held his same blank face, but this time he looked so innocent. It was like a puppy, and I had to hold back from giving him a comforting hug. I got up and threw away the shirt and now bloodied rag, and went to my parent's room to find a shirt.

I grabbed a white tee like the one he had on and returned to the bathroom. Knowing how many my dad owned, he would probably never realize it was gone. I put it on him, and I couldn't help feel sad that I couldn't see his body anymore. Damn my hormones needed checking. The shirt was like two sizes too big. My dad wasn't fat, but he was a big dude, and he always wore his shirts loose, as opposed to how Clyde wore his slightly tight.

"Oh crap. Boy, now I gotta drag you back to the couch!" I groaned at him. I shouldn't be helping him, I remember how mean he was to me. I was supposed to be a b!tch. He thought of me as a b!tch! "You know what. Screw you." I said to  him who was still limp with his head tilted back on the toilet.

I shut off the light and walked out. I went to the living room to finish the Shrek movie that only had like 10 minutes left anyways. I should have paused it. When it ended I put on Cars. I usually spent the time my parents were away watching movies. I looked over to the bag of my food that was toppled over on the floor, sad that my soda was probably fizzy. I wasn't even hungry anymore.

Halfway through I started to think about the knocked out boy in my bathroom. When he woke up, there would probably be a bigger pain in his neck then on his face. He would be so mad.

I smiled at how excellent this sounded. Even though he went through a lot, I still never got back at him.

Then I frowned to myself. He would kill me. He would probably curse me out, then laughed when I cried. I groaned for what seemed like the thousandth time that week, and got up to go to the bathroom.

"You win this time Clyde. I'm just too nice." I said as if he was listening. "No, it's not even that. I just have to take care of myself." I said and began dragging him. I passed my room on the way, stopping to stretch out my back. I realized my room was closer, and either way I would have to lift him up on something. I decided he could stay in my room and walked in.

I looked at my bed that sat pretty high and I moaned in complaint. "F#ck me." I said to my ceiling. I tried once, and stopped. It was impossible, but this was a good thing. I could sleep there now. I grabbed a pillow and some blankets from my closet and made a bed on the floor. I rolled him over on it, and pulled the blankets over him.

In about an hour, I turned off the t.v. and made my way to the room. "Please don't wake up before me." I said to him and hopped on bed. I fell asleep and it was such a deep sleep.

I woke up the next day to an empty spot on the floor. I jumped off the bed, despite how tired I was, and searched the house. When I entered the kitchen I saw him sitting at the table eating a banana. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and he looked at me, giving me a confused face.

"I thought you left." I said and walked over.

"Nope." He said and continued with his fruit.

"You hungry? I can make some breakfast." I asked and went to the pantry.

"Yeah."

We stayed quiet as I made some eggs and bacon for both of us. I poured some orange juice and gave him his plate, placing mine opposite his. We ate in silence until I saw him start to shift uncomfortably in his seat and clear his throat.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I was seeing Clyde Wood feeling uncomfortable. I wanted to take a picture and send it to Ripley's because I could not believe it.

"Um." He started and looked up at me, I met his piercing green eyes, but not being able to look for too long they were so intense. "Thanks," He paused, "For everything."

I remet his gaze and this time he looked down. "Your welcome." I said simply, feelind bad despite myself at how I wanted him to sleep sitting on the floor in the bathroom. 

"Just don't tell anyone. Not even your parents." He said, his usual cold voice back.

"Okay." I said simply. Now I shifted not sure if I should ask, "Um, if you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"I mind." He said coldly.

I got up and took my plate to the sink and decided I didn't need to be there anymore. However at the door, I let some anger get the best of me and I turned around and said, "You're too quiet for your own good." And left to the living room putting on Spongebob.

Not too long after he came and walked to the door but stopped to look at me. "You don't know a thing about me, so don't act like you know what's best."

"You're always so cold. I should have let you sleep in my bathroom." I say nastily although he probably didn't completely care considering he doesn't know what I meant.

"Sorry I'm not to your standards princess." His voice got deeper and I could tell he was getting mad.

I knew what the result of this would  be, but I couldn't help myself, I was upset too. It was bound to happen anyways. "Wow, someone has a short fuse."

Clyde made his way to where I was on the couch getting really close to my face, "Are you really trying to pick a fight with me? You of all people, who crys when someone calls you a b!tch. That isn't too smart princess, don't you think?" He growled and walked back to the door.

"I hate you!" I screamed to him when he opened the door. I didn't really mean it, but I was pissed and I could feel the tears sting the back of my eyes.

" Ouch I never heard that before." He said sarcstically and looked over at me, the tears threatening my vision. "F*cking crybaby." He said and slammed my door shut.

I cried when he left, hating how weak I was. And to think I helped that bastard.