Chapter 18

The entire night I was on edge. I wasn't one to keep such huge experiences I've been through to myself. It was even worse at school when Dani had asked why I wasn't at school the previous day. And it's not that I wouldn't have told her in regular circumstances, but I don't think Clyde likes his business being out and about. He hardly wanted to tell me what he had been doing.

So I told her I didn't feel well and wallowed in my anxiety overload. In history class, my teacher still wasn't there and Julian called me back to where him and his crew was sitting. The girls were turned amongst themselves, I guess since the one girl was still upset with Clyde they all had to avoid the boys group. That would change in a few days.

"He wasn't here yesterday either." Julian told me, talking about our teacher. I wondered if he was alright. "And why were you out yesterday?" Julian asked me. I assumed he had asked Clyde already, and wanted to see why so many people were gone.

"Had more important matters on my hand." I said honestly. If I told that to Dani, she would pry more information out of me to no end. But I knew Julian wasn't like her in that way.

"Yeah important." Clyde spoke up, getting more than just Julian's attention. "Wait till I tell you what she did yesterday." He said to Julian and I felt the burning stares from the back of my head in the direction of the girls.

"Oh, so you were together?" Julian wiggled his eyebrows at me. The feeling on the back of my head intensified.

I turned around, reluctantly, and saw them looking at me incredulously. I thought about clearing the air and saying it was not what they were thinking but decided against it. I didn't have to prove myself to them. They were kind people, when we had spoken, but I was smart enough to understand that they will gossip no matter what. That's their natural order.

So I turned back around. "Anyways, Mr.Brown better come back soon because, I'm trying to see our A." I said to Julian. He smiled in agreement.

"I know. He's only giving these slackers chance to do better." He put the end of his pen in his mouth.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Yeah!" He proclaimed loudly. "If they haven't finished yet they don't deserve it. They should fail."

"Well good thing you're not the teacher. This extra time is good." Evan, who's name I now know, said.

"Whatever. Hey Alex. You wanna come over today?" Julian asked and just the slightest bit of pink formed on his cheeks.

I smiled in understanding. He still didn't like the idea of people knowing he was getting tutoring. Then my smile dropped when I felt the being watched feeling again. "Sure." I ignored it and got up. The bell rang that same second and I walked out to my last class of the day.

At least Julian would be told the story of what happened yesterday so I can take comfort in someone else knowing.

I just didn't expect Clyde to be at his house to tell him while I was there. But this made it better. I could now relive what happened, but better since it wasn't currently happening. While being at the warehouse, I would have opted to leave, but since it happened, I think it was a pretty cool experience. And by experience I am only talking about when I had spoken to Bobby, everything else could be skipped.

"So dude, who gave you that ugly eye?" Julian asked after he opened the door for me.

"Luis. Damn cheater. I was going in from-"

"Wait dude. She's here." He signaled to me and I felt slightly disrespected. What did me being here do with anything.

"Don't worry, she knows." He said. Oh right. No one knows about the fighting thing.

While he continued with that story I just went into his kitchen, dropping my bag on his dining room table and grabbed a drink. I wasn't familiar with fighting lingo.

I came back and sat next to Julian on the couch, Clyde was on his other. "Alright, so now tell me what happened yesterday." Julian said, and I couldn't help smile a little. He reminded me of Dani a bit with his eagerness to know things.

"Okay story time. So first off, when I woke up yesterday, I was in so much pain. I think Luis hit me in some pressure points. Moving anything was like fire." Clyde said, getting into story mode.

"I've been there before." Julian nodded in agreement.

"So, like I told you, I had been in her house for the night, because she knew what to do." He reminded, and Julian continued to shake his head in understanding. These boys loved stories. I believe boys could be just as much into gossip as girls at times. "So she yanks my arm up and forced me into clothes. It hurt like a motherf#cker. She makes me drive there, in pain and all and we go to Bobby." He chose to skip some parts, and I was really glad about it. "And you are never gonna believe what she told him."

"What?" Julian urged on. I just smiled watching the ordeal.

"She goes, I'm his manager." He started, trying to mimick me in a bratty sort of way. Julian was already in a fit of laughter.

"You're lying." He looked at me. I just shook my head, smiling.

"I swear. Then Bobby goes why haven't I seen you around? And she goes, lying her @ss off and these lies were gold, I don't like being in places like this. She bluffs that I have important stuff, that she can't name,"

"Because I didn't know know of any important things I could say." I chimed in.

"And basically I can't fight anymore because of it. She was using all these smart words like a smart@ss. So she ended it all businesslike and walked out like she owned the place. Funniest sh!t, and Bobby fell for it. And that's how she ended my possible future." He looked at me but was smiling. I didn't know whether to feel bad, because when he worded it like that, I was horrible, or feel good because he didn't seem to mind.

Julian busted out in laughter. "Girl, I could have told you, you were crazy, but this. You're too much. I would have you do the same for me, just to see it all, but I'm not even allowed in there."

Now that someone else knew, and was on the positive side, I was feeling much less anxious. "Alright, let's go study." I stood up and made my way into the dining room an air of confidence in my step. I could take the ego booster.

"Wouldn't the answer actually be x equals 24?" Julian tried correcting me.

"No." I paused rechecking my math.

"I'm right." He smiled. After replugging it into my calculator, I realized he was. "Aw, you're so adorable when your wrong." He teased poking my nose.

"Don't touch me." I pushed him but couldn't help the smile on my face.

"Why do you scold me so, mi amor?" He grabbed at his chest in fake hurt.

"Aw, you really do have a puppy face." I squeezed his cheeks.

"Only for you darling." He said sarcastically smirking.

"Well thanks, honey." I smirked sarcastically back.

"Alex!" Clyde called from the living room. "It's getting late, let's go." I looked at my phone to check the time. I gasped in shock. It was already 6:30.

"Oh dang. It is." I got up and packed up my stuff. "See ya." I said to Julian when I was done. I looked into his brown eyes that were incredibly dark. His eyes screamed emotion, but I didn't know what. He looked down, breaking my stare.

"See you at school." He said just as cheery as before. I wanted to ask him if something was wrong but decided against it.

I walked out with Clyde and into his car. We drove in silence for a little bit. "Listen." He sighed and I looked over at him. "Julian is my friend and all," He paused. "But just understand that he's a player and I don't think you should date him." His voice was stern, almost commanding.

I felt a bit offended. Julian was a good person, and if he ever asked me out, I think I'm grown enough to handle myself. "Thanks, but I can handle it." My tone came off ruder than I intended. Would I date Julian if he asked me? I mean he was nice.

I noticed how tense the air got. I looked at Clyde and saw his jaw was clenched. I didn't want things to go bad again between us. We just finally started talking more again, and it might have been for the longest time. I needed to do something to better the situation.

"We should watch movies at my house sometime." I finally blurted out when he pulled up to my house, parking his car.

He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Okay." He pulled out his key and opened his door.

"Wait, I didn't mean right now, my parents are home." I was still sitting in my seat, the seatbelt still on.

"That's fine. And we'll watch it today." He smirked at me before closing his door and making his way around to my side. Not that I wanted to be alone with him, but my mom would never let me live this down. Nor my dad for that matter.

Sh!t.

Author's Note: Blargh, this is mostly just a filler chapter. I personally hate filler chapters and it makes it harder for me to write. I just get so out of the writing mood. Well anyways, it's needed as most filler chapters are and I'm hoping we can only go up from here. LOL, I hope you enjoyed it anyways! See ya.