Chapter 27

I woke up to the heavenly smell of food. I put on some flipflops and made my way to the kitchen. In the living room Brenda just sat down with a plate of food and my mom was already sitting with some.

"Good morning." I called to them, and they both turned their heads. They had bags under their eyes and I was pretty sure they were feeling some effects of a hangover.

"Good morning Alex." My mom smiled up at me.

"Good morning." Brenda chimed in.

"Haven't seen you two in months." I continued my path to the kitchen. As long as they were safe and not currently dead, I could leave them to it.

I turned into the kitchen to see a plate of food on the far counter. I made my way over drowsily ready to taste the eggs and bacon. I guess I was over my promise to never eat again from last night.

"Ah!" I yelled as Clyde jumped out of literally nowhere and pulled me into the tightest bear hug.

"Thank you." He lifted me up, and I couldn'tget over the heart attack I almost had after his jumpscare.

"For what?" I tried to breathe since he was squeezing the life out of me. He is way stronger and bigger than myself.

He put me on the floor and I had a chance to catch my breath and calm down my pounding heart. "The sketchbook." He smiled down at me. Oh yeah, I gave him that didn't I?

His smile is so amazing and dimply I couldn't help smile back. "Oh right. You're welcome. I'm glad you like it." I finally grabbed my plate and sat at the dining room table. I wasn't too interested in the show the moms were watching. He grabbed his plate too and moved to sit across from me.

"Yeah, I would have told you yesterday, but somebody slammed a door in my face." Oh yeah, I also did that.

My face warmed up a slight bit at that, but nothing noticeable. "Sorry about that." I drank some juice, not sure how to correctly apologize for being such a shy and nervous child.

"Children!" My mom called and turned around on the couch. Clyde had to turn his body to see her as well. Why children though? "To spend this last day, we're all going on a yacht!" She threw her hands in the air and Brenda started applauding. "So, hurry and finish eating and get dressed. We want to leave as soon as possible." A yacht???? Really? I couldn't even believe it.

"This is going to be so cool!" I threw my hands in t air for a moment before working the food into my mouth on overdrive.

I put on my bikini under a pink dress that would be perfect to flow in the wind on a yacht. I grabbed my huge hat and sunglasses and was ready. I left my room and I was actually the first one to finish, I placed my bag on the couch, plugged in my earphones and started dancing all crazy. I was extremely excited about the whole yacht business if it wasn't obvious already. And excitement makes a person do some random things.

Get Lucky by Daft Punk was playing, and I had to bite my tongue to keep from singing aloud. Brenda came out of her room, saw me, and started dancing her way over to me. I laughed and we danced together. I took out my headphones and blasted the music from my phone so she could actually dance to some noise.

We pretended to tango together and my mom came out and joined in. We were all laughing and dancing, and then Blurred Lines starting playing and we all just immediately started singing like that was expected to happen.

We continued our stupid dance, but now singing like dying crows. Clyde finally came out, wearing khaki shorts with a blue Adventure Time shirt and some matching blue vans, looking at us like 'who are these crazy people.'

He rolled his eyes and started walking away, but Brenda scurried over to him and grabbed his wrist and pulled him into our group. I started laughing, but was still trying to sing to the music probably sounding completely idiotic.

"Dance with us!" Brenda whined and held both of his hands and started doing the twist, causing his arms to move back and forth in a limp manner. He didn't make any effort to dance but his eyes showed amusement.

She gave up on him and I decided to take a try. "It's okay if you suck major dirt balls." I grabbed his hands and lifted them and started moving my hips and shaking my head resmebling a seizure. My hat fell off, but I continued my turkey dance.

Clyde started laughing, and started moving his feet, and I knew I was breaking his tough 'I don't dance because I'm too cool' wall. Then This Is How We Do It started playing causing my mom and Brenda to squeal. A frightening noise it was.

It was an older song, but my dad plays older songs all the time, and it got me into it. To think we were dancing crazy before, it got worse. I wasn't too sure about the lyrics on this song, but the moms were singing to it on the top of of their lungs. I started laughing, but I sang to the parts that said 'this is how we do it.'

"The music on your phone sure is interesting." Clyde smiled at me and I flicked his nose. He immediately frowned and I laughed.

"This is how we do it!" I said to him, and I let go of his hands dancing like a wannabe rapper thug from the 80's. He then through out some moves and we all enjoyed our random time.

The song ended and we finally decided to leave. We took a taxi van to the place with the yachts, and it was apparently paid for already. The yacht was a good size and I stood in the middle of it, ready to take on the sea. I knew for a fact I wasn't sea sick and that would make this even more super awesome.

Clyde had brought his older sketchbook and took a seat on the side. Curiousity finally consumed me and I sat down next to him. "Can I see your drawings?" I asked unsure and afraid of rejection.

"Yeah." He smiled at me, I went to poke his dimple but stop midway.

"I'm not gonna do it." I said putting my finger down. He just chuckled. He closed the sketchbook and opened it to the first page. I was already in shock. The sketchbook was pretty big, and there was a dragon curled up on a rock. The detail was so amazing and it looked so realistic with the shading and everything. "Okay. I believe it now. You did design Julian's lion tattoo."

"I'm glad I could prove it to you." He, turned the page and there was a picture of an old man with a long beard. It looked like a photograph I gasped.

"This is impossible." I touched it like it was some magical thing, it was really good.

"Your surprised face is hilarious. You make it seem like the greatest thing ever."

"It is!" I exaggerated the is. Did he not know he was the best artist alive?

"You want to see one of my favorites in this book?" I nodded my head in response. He flipped through some pages, hiding it from my sight with the front cover in my way. He made it and moved the cover down and my eyes flew out of my head. I put my hand on his shoulder and got real close to the picture.

"Holy crap!" I was looking at myself sitting at a table with food in front of me. It was from breakfast on the school trip. "I look amazing." I joked and he laughed, but it was really true. The picture wasn't as detailed as the old man, but I was smiling and looked so happy. "But I'm shocked you drew me. I thought you hated me then." I finally peeled my eyes off the picture to look at him.

He had the most serious face as he looked at me, "I never hated you. From the first time I saw you yelling at the other drivers while you were playing video games in my basement, I thought you were ridiculous." My hopeful face turned into a frown. Ridiculous? Out of all the nice things I thought he was going to say he said ridiculous.

"Thanks?" How does one respond to that? Was it supposed to be nice or not.

"Yeah, I thought you were idiotic, but funny. But mostly stupid." He was smiling, but I couldn't see the humor in this. I read about this moment going in different directions in so many books. "Then you were always there, and I couldn't help wonder what your deal was. So I tried to push you away, and you kept coming back wanting to be friends. And then William and James-" He cut himself off seeming to get angry.

"Then I saw you in the hallway and you were pissed at me. I didn't understand that, but I found out later. And you were always crying. ALWAYS crying." He exaggerated, well I guess not really. "It-"

"Clyde, Alexa, come here!" Brenda called from another part of the yacht. Clyde had a really stern expression on his face, and I wanted him to continue, even though the direction his story was going in wasn't really positive. He got up though, and so I had no choice but to follow.

"You guys ready?" My mom was smiling her mouth resembling the joker's.

"For what?" I asked. I didn't like that smile.

"To jump!" She exclamied moving to the edge to the yacht. My heartbeat quickened but I was ready. How could I not want to jump? We all moved to the edge, the moms in front. They grabbed each other's hands and took a breath before jumping. Brenda hesitated but since her hand was in my mom's she went down with her. They screamed very loudly until they hit the water.

I clapped and cheered when they came up. I took off my dress to jump in and looked at Clyde when I finished. "Take off your shoes and shirt. Oh by the way, I love Adventure Time." I said as he stood staring at me with wide eyes. And then I realized I just stripped in front of him, with my butt in the air in his direction.

My face heat up and he started laughing. He kicked off his shoes, "Nice strip tease," He pulled his shirt over his face and I was sort of stunned from embarrassment, he moved close to me, "Nice @ss too." He slapped me hard on the butt causing me to yelp before running to the end of the yacht and front flipping into the water.

I followed him and jumped in a cannonball. I screamed my head off too. When I resurfaced, he was only about a foot in front of me, smirking devilishly. I splashed water in his face. "Your such an @sshole." He was laughing like a hyena on drugs. "That hurt too."

The moms were already climbing up the ladder to go again. I did the same and Clyde followed me. "The view from down here is amazing." Clyde said causing the blood to actually drain from my face for once. I looked down, to see his stupid smirk.

He was climbing the ladder behind me and my butt was on full display for him. There was literally nothing I could do. But wait till we get to the top, I'll kill him. I continued up the ladder behind my mom, knowing full well his eyes were on my @ss. Talk about selfconcious.

We made it up, his smirk never diminishing. "You know what," I moved up to him and started poking his chest causing him to walk backwards. "You are such a terrible person," I continued as a plan presenting itself to me. If he kept walking backwards he would fall off the yacht. "And I hope you-" We got to the edge and he stepped backwards with no more floor and he was falling and I was smiling. However he managed to grab my outstretched poking hand. I closed my eyes as I fell, nearly head first. 

I came up from the water coughing, having got water in my mouth and nose. "Serves you right." Clyde said coughing himself.

"I could have drown!" I yelled at him, finally clearing my lungs, for the most part.

"This was your fault!" He yelled back wiping his eyes.

"You're the pervert who slapped my @ss!"

He smiled at this, apparently not caring for this argument anymore. "I do not regret that." He moved to the ladder and started climbing up.

"You're such a jerk!" I wasn't done with my arguing, as I made my way to the ladder.

"Of the highest degree!" He yelled down at me, and I busted out laughing. He started laughing too. How could I argue when he said something like that?

"I would hope our babies had your green eyes." I was telling Clyde on the plane. I wasn't sure how we had gotten to this conversation, but we were here. It wasn't as if we were saying we wanted babies together, just that we could make pretty babies using the right traits from each of us. "Your dimples too." I smiled and nodded, agreeing with myself.

"I'd want them to have your hair, and your skin tone." He observed my features closely, deciding which ones we'd take.

"Oh really? I like your hair, but okay. Our son needs to be strong like you, and tall."

"I guess our girl can be lanky like you." He shrugged and I frowned. That's not a compliment. "No, I'm kidding. You're adorably thin, oh and she should have your lips." He looked down at my mouth and I had to turn in my seat.

"Sometimes you're really quiet, but you're actually a good conversationalist." I changed the subject. The lip conversation seemed to be heading in a different direction.

"What can I say? I'm just that awesome." He winked at me. I guess you can never take the cockiness out of some guys.

My dad picked us up at the airport, and we went over to Brenda's house. "Oh Amanda, you left your book here last time you came." Brenda said.

"I'll come in and get it." My mom replied.

"I have to pee really badly. Can I use your bathroom?" I asked Brenda who nodded in response.

I finished using the bathroom and headed to the front door where my mom and Brenda were talking. My mind was racing on Clyde. We managed to get so close, I knew this summer would be awesome and I would try and spend so much time with him.

"I know, I'm glad they managed to bond over this trip." I heard Brenda say and I slowed my step. That was obviously about us. "I really wanted them to become friends, having to promise I would help pay for Clyde's college if he came with us to the park and such. It's only a shame that the secretary called Clyde the other day, saying that a free space came up, and since his grades aren't the best, this is what they can do to get him into the art university and so he has to report in 2 weeks."

Clyde was going to college?

Clyde was going to college in 2 weeks?!

WHAT!?!!?!

Author's Note: Prepare yourselved for the next chapter. It shall give you more insight on Clyde's point of view, all the while being quite emtotional. Shhhh. ;D Vote and Comment.