9

Zacks p.o.v

Ashley really took what I said the wrong way. I really was just genuinely asking if people knew if I was the dad. I really don't care if people know, I know it's going to draw a lot of attention on me, but I don't care.

I know I'm the one who needs to apologize, even though I didn't mean anything by it. I don't want to upset her in anyway at all.

I just want to be the bigger person, I know she's going through a lot and I don't want to add to that stress. Plus I heard somewhere that stress isn't good for babies. I may or may not have read a baby book or two. .

I go to the closest store by me and pick out the best flowers I see. I dont have much money, since I have to provide for my family a lot, so I just buy the cheapest ones.

I got a job last week, so I can start saving for the baby. I know Ashley's family has a lot of money, but if we decide to keep the baby I don't want her parents to have to pay for everything.

I get onto my bike and start my way to Ashley's house. She lives in a gated community so I have to tell the guy at the gate my full name and who I'm here to see. I wish security was this right where I live.

I go up to Ashley's house and knock on the door. An older women maybe in her 60's answers the door.

"Yes." She says

"Is Ashley here?" I ask

"One moment."

After waiting outside for 5 minutes, I see Ashley open the door.

"Zack, What are you doing here?" She says in a pissed off tone.

"Look Ashley I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean anything about what I said. I'm so sorry. I know this is really hard for you."

"Awe Zack. You didn't need to do this. I'm the one who should be saying sorry. I guess it's just my hormones. " She says and I hand her the flowers

She smells them then looks at me.

"Their beautiful." She say while smiling

"Still, I'm really sorry and I want you to know I will always be here for you."

"What did I do to deserve a guy like you in my life?" She says and wraps me in a hug.

I rest my head on top of hers and we just hug for a few moments in silence.

"You rode your bike here?"

"Yes." I say and laugh

"Thats a long way"

"I know."

"I'll drive you home." She says

I walk into her house while she puts some shoes on and gets her keys. Her house is bigger then I thought, it looks likes something out of a magazine. It's enormous compared to my tiny two bedroom house.

"Ready?" Ashley asks me

"Yes" I say and walk outside

We get into her car in silence.

"You have a really big house." I say to her

"Yeah I know. My mom got it in the divorce."

We've never really talked about our families before, I don't want to tell her about my family struggles just quite yet. I'm not that comfortable talking about it with people. I don't want to scare her off.

"Zack, we really have to talk about what we're going to do. We're both so young, do we really want a baby?" She asks

I sigh "I really don't know. Our only option is to keep the baby or look into adoption."

"I want to keep the baby, but I don't know how good of parents we will be since we need to focus on school. Maybe we should just look into adoption and see how we like it."

"Yeah, that's a good idea." I say and look out the window

I don't know if giving the baby up is really what I want, but I know this isn't just up to me. We have to be smart about the decision we make, and if giving this baby up is a good idea then we will.