The Letter

Hey, guys. This is my first story on here. I'm sort of new to wattpad but not really. Anyway I will be making multiple stories on here. If you have requests let me know of course. Enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 1: The letter

It was a regular day for this young girl. She woke up that morning, skipped breakfast, went to school, slept through a few classes and what not, got her work, and came home.

Crimson was this young lady's name and this is her normal day routine.

Also she was in...well need of a job. She wants to help her mother pay bills so they can keep their house and so they wont have to move.

Crimson has been scouting for a job for about five months now and still not a bit of luck. Another day of tiring unborn success and she throws her book bag aside and crashes on the couch.

Her mom was still at work so she was home alone. She wouldn't be home for a couple more hours. Crimson lay on the couch groaning and trying not to fall asleep.

"I can't believe I got a C....on my Geometry test!" Crimson muttered with her face mushed in the couch cushions.

She hasn't been able to focus on her school work because she was too busy worrying about getting a job.

Crimson sighed and got off the couch walking to her room and grabbing her laptop. She opened it an logged in to start on some work for school when she noticed an email from her mom.

"Hey, sweetie, hope you're having a good day. I wanted to let you know that I'm staying at work late so don't be alarmed if I show up late. Get your work done, love you!" The email said.

Crimson sighed again and got up. She almost forgot to check the mail. She walked outside and took in the warmth of the sun against her skin. She smiled for the first time that day.

Anyway, she walked to the mailbox and got the mail. She walked back inside and checked through the mail. Mostly for her mom, some from school and....what's this?

"Special notice?" Crimson looked at the envelope in her hand.

She opened it and read it's contexts.

"Hi, Crimson Waves. Hope you are having a good day. We would like to make you an offer. We have an open spot here at the Atlanta Police Department. We need an investigator to come look at a case here. We've been getting reports of unknown activity at an abandoned school. If you're interested in the rest come on down. The address is 497 Mayhem Street. Be careful on your way here. Have a good day. -Sheriff Darel P. Collins"

Crimson looked at the letter twice and thought carefully.

'Well, it seems interesting. I always did want to be like a detective. I guess it would be good pay too.' Crimson thought.

She decided she would take a visit down to the apartment later and see what's up. Right now though she was tired and in much need of sleep.

-

I am editing this story so hang on to your horses. I am testing this as well. I'm new to the writing on wattpad part anyways. Catch you later, bye!