Never Ending Night

Alright so I know I've been gone a LOOOOOOOONG time but I have my reasons. School, life, relationship problems, etc. My life is very shitty right now so I'm very stressed. Anyway, enough of my excuses let's get back to the story.

Chapter 8: Never Ending Night

Crimson had shuffled in her sleep. It was dark and cold where she was. She didn't seem to remember ever closing her eyes. With one final stir she began to wake up. She sat up stretching her arms high above her head. She looked around not remembering where she was or the recent events.

"Mom?" The girl said as she looked around.

That's when she noticed that she was sitting on a cold hard floor instead of her comfy bed. 'Where-' She suddenly remembered the events that occurred. She was still in the janitor's closet inside the school.

Quickly she got up and dusted herself off. She turned to the door and found it wide open. Weird. She could've sworn it was locked before. Without a second thought Crimson was rushing out of the closet.

She made her way through the halls of the school.

She noticed the lights were still on. So she couldn't tell whether it was daylight yet. She found her way back to the office noting how nothing really seemed to change. Her stuff was still where she had left it. She sighed content. Fearing someone might've stolen her belongings.

As she sat down exhausted from walking around the school she took out her phone. Surprisingly it was still alive. She checked the time gasping. It was only 3 a.m.

It felt like she had been in this school forever. This was the longest night in her entire life. She gathered her notepad and pen starting to jot down some notes and clues she thought to have found while 'investigating'.

-

It had been about 20 minutes when Crimson sighed and dropped her pen. Her hand began to cramp up. She sighed as she rubbed her hand. Soothing it a bit. Crimson got up and looked out of the main office door.

She turned her head left then right. Knowing that no one is there but having an odd feeling of being watched every second. She wondered why this feeling wouldn't go away. She turned back in the room feeling very awkward and uneasy.

'Why does this place have to be so...eerie?' Crimson thought with a shiver.

She wrapped her arms around herself trying to ease the feeling. She grabbed her phone and some supplies and walked out again. Crimson looked down and noted how the time seemed to not move.

It was still 3 a.m.

The teenage girl wondered if her phone was glitching. She groaned as she put the device in her pocket and proceeded through the halls of the run down school. Crimson roamed around searching in classrooms, going through any desks or lockers still in shape, and looking in the bathrooms for any leads or signs of anything that could make this job a bit easier.

She exaggerated a sigh as she walked out of her 20th classroom. Nothing. Not a single clue or piece of evidence that made this investigation clear. She began to lose hope in ever finding anything.

As the girl was on her last pondering thoughts she heard a sound. Just as she thought this night was beginning to wind down. She got up slowly and turned in the direction of the sound. She felt wary about seeing what it was.

As if on cue, the sound got louder and more clear. The sound of something hitting metal. A locker? She didn't want to but if she wanted to get out of here she had to find out the source of the disturbance.

Slowly the girl crept towards the corner to peek at what or who was there. She took a breath as the sounds started again seemingly closer. Indicating that the source was right around the corner.